Part 26

*Izuku's POV*

The ride to the hospital was quiet; I wasn't able to get ahold of Kacchan about (Y/N)'s condition so that only added fuel to the fire. I wanted to see her so desperately but as soon as I arrive, my feet stopped moving before I could enter the building.

Is she still alive?

If she is alive, does she hate me for not being there?

Does she even want to see me?

The thoughts bounced around my head, but I wasn't sure of what I should do. All these insecurities were eating away at my heart but I had to see her for myself to know that she was going to be okay.

I pushed all the negative thoughts to the back of my head and went inside.

Before I reached the front desk, I saw Kacchan tapping his foot angrily near the elevator doors.

"Why the hell haven't you picked up the damn phone?!" I yelled at him; upset that he hadn't been keeping me updated.

"Because they won't tell me anything!" He growled back; an irk mark appearing on his forehead. "They just keep sayin' that they'll let me know something when she's stable but I just think these assholes don't know how to do their damn jobs!" He grit his teeth.

So, he's worried about her too...he really is a good friend...in his own way.

"Do you know where she is?" I asked; he shook his head and pointed me towards the front desk telling me to ask someone there.

I made my way to the receptionist, who looked bored until she realized who I was.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Deku?" She smiled widely at me.

"Where is (Y/N) (L/N)? Ground Zero brought her in." The woman looked through some files on her computer.

"Sorry, we don't have any updates on her condition yet. I'm sure the doctors will let you know something soon." She was still looking through her computer.

"I need to see her. I need to talk to the doctor who's in charge, right now." I said sternly; hands gripping the desk hard enough to turn my bruised knuckles white.

The girl tried to argue with me about policies but eventually gave me the information I needed. I ran to the elevators; telling Kacchan that I would let him know how she was doing later.

When I entered her room, tears started dripping down my cheeks. Her body looked so broken that it made me feel like I was about to throw up.

At least she's alive...

I took a seat next to her bed and the doctor walked in. He flipped through a clipboard in his hands; I assumed it was her chart.

"Hello there, are you a friend of hers?" The man in the white coat asked.

"I'm her boyfriend. Will she be alright?" I spoke nervously; glancing between the doctor and (Y/N)'s unconscious form.

"If I'm being honest, I'm surprised she's still alive with the amount of blood she's lost. She's definitely a fighter. As of right now, all we can do is wait to see if she will wake up." He said looking over the machines the were monitoring her condition.

"So, there's a chance she won't wake up?" I looked down to the floor; placing her hand in mine.

"It's a strong possibility, yes. She's too exhausted to have recovery treatment right now but if she can survive the next 24 hours then we should be able to fix her up with a healing quirk." He sighed as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"We just wait then? There's isn't anything else we can do?" I mumbled to him; squeezing her hand tightly in mine.

"I'm sorry but this is all we can do for her now. Try not to get too discouraged because like I said, this girl is a fighter." He smiled at me and walked out of the room.

As I say there, silence filled the room. All I could hear was the steady beeping of the monitors in the room. I started to panic just thinking of the possibility of her not waking up.

I'd never get to see her smile again...

Or hear her laugh...

I couldn't help but cry as I moved her hair from her face. If she doesn't wake up then I'll never get the chance to talk to her again.

"(Y/N), please...please...you have to wake up. I love you so much and I can't do this without you...I'm so sorry that I didn't get there in time to save you. I'm sorry I broke my promise about not letting anyone ever hurt you...you don't have to forgive me baby...but please just wake up..."

I laid my head against our intertwined hands and cried for what felt like hours; wishing and praying that all of this was just a nightmare and that I'd wake up next to her to sleeping peacefully in my bed.

I eventually drifted off to sleep holding her hand tightly. Unfortunately, when I woke up a few hours later, she was still asleep.

That sinking feeling set in, making everything seem numb. All I could think about was that day I found her on the bathroom floor.

I didn't want to lose her, I couldn't. She made me want to do things differently, she opened my eyes to what life could look like with her by my side and I couldn't imagine anything else now.

I'd eventually retire from being a hero, pass on my legacy to the next generation, marry the girl of my dreams, and have kids of my own someday.

I saw it all with her, but now there was a possibility that all of those dreams and plans were disappearing into thin air.