Part 14

*Izuku's POV*

Just as my lips were about to touch hers, there was a loud thumping coming from the front door. I mentally released a string of curses as I pulled away, then helped her to her feet then made my way to the door to see who interrupted us and much to my surprise, it was Kacchan.

He never comes to just visit, what is going on?

"YOU DAMN MORON, I'VE CALLED YOU TEN TIMES ALREADY! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!" He yelled while pushing past me to enter the house.

(Y/N) was standing in the kitchen completely shocked at his sudden appearance and her face turned bright red as she turned her gaze to her bare legs then back to his face. She bolted down the hallway to her room to get dressed, I had completely forgot that she was only in her underwear and a big shirt.

I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment and pulled my phone out to see that I did in fact have several missed calls from him. He turned to look at me with a smirk on his face and crossed his arms, then slowly started tapping his foot against the floor.

"Wow. I can see why you let her live with you. Didn't really take you for the type to-" I cut him off before he could finish speaking; I knew where he was going with this conversation and I didn't really want to deal with it at the moment. 

"Anyway, what's going on?" I asked blankly while rubbing my hand down my face in frustration.

"We're going to bust that drug dealer we've been tracking for months now, but you'd know that if you would've just answered your damn phone, nerd." He spit angrily while rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, I'll be ready in a minute." I waved him off then made my way down the hall to (Y/N)'s room. I knocked and waited for her to answer.

She opened the door, now filled dressed with an awkward smile.

"I have to leave again, I'm sorry about dinner but I promise I'll make it up to you. I'm not really sure when I'll be back though." I said looking down at my hands that nervously rubbed each other.

"It's okay, I understand. Just please be careful, Izu." She relaxed a little as she spoke.

That was the first time I had ever heard her use that nickname and I loved it. I could feel my chest tighten as I looked at her. 

"I like that name." I cupped her cheek with my hand and smiled warmly at her. "You should call me that more often."

"I will. Promise!" She leaned into my hand; placing her fingertips to my hand on her face.

"Um, do you think we could talk later?" I pulled my hand away from her.

"Sure." She simply nodded.

"HURRY UP DUMBASS, WE GOTTA GO!" Bakugo yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay, well bye." I smiled at her while she giggled at my hot headed friend.

"Bye, Izu. I'll see you later." She waved to me.

We made our way to Bakugo's hero agency where some of our other hero friends were waiting.

Even though I had an important mission going on, I couldn't help thinking about (Y/N).

I'm just gonna come out and say that I like her...

But if I do that she may think that I let her stay with me to take advantage of her situation, even though I would never do that.

Damnit, maybe I should just keep it to myself...

No! Just tell her, idiot!

Why is this so complicated?!

As I was spaced out during the meeting, a certain loud mouth brought me from my thoughts.

"DAMNIT, DEKU! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?! THIS IS IMPORTANT, SO GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!" He yelled while the others looked over at me, completely confused by my actions.

"I'm sorry, what were you staying?" I chuckled nervously.

After the meeting was over, we all went to the location we were given.

Todoroki and I had been stationed together, we were supposed to rush the enemy from the front, while Bakugo and Kirishima were supposed to cover the back enterances.

If only that plan had worked...

*(Y/N)'s POV*

You were sitting on the couch watching a movie after finishing dinner, wondering what Izuku could possibly want to talk about later.

~THUMP THUMP~

You jumped at the sudden loud frantic banging coming from the front door. You glanced at the clock to see that it was around midnight.

Who could be knocking so late?

You stood and made your way to the door, when you opened it your eyes widened upon seeing Inko at the door with a panicked look locked on her pale face.

You could feel your heart rate increasing as you waited for her to speak. Still she didn't she just looked at you, tears streaming.

Please be alive.

"Inko, what's wrong? Are you okay?" You asked pulling her into the house.

"It's Izuku, he's been hurt badly. I've tried calling you I didn't know what else to do." She covered her eyes with her hands as she tried to stifle her crying.

Your breath hitched in your chest as you felt a tear roll down your cheek. You raced to your room to get dressed and grab your phone that was dead.

You two rushed to the hopital that Izuku was taken to and poor Inko felt her world was crashing down around her.

The sound of your shoes hitting the floor seemed to echo through the surprisingly quiet hospital as you approached the front desk with Inko in tow behind you still crying.

"I need to see pro hero Deku, he was brought in last night." Your tone was rushed and a bit panicked.

The woman behind that desk looked at you for a moment and gave an irritated sigh, which really got under your skin.

"And what is your relation to the patient?" Her tone sounded like she didn't really care in the slightest.

"I'm his friend." You said lowly.

"I'm sorry, can't let you see him. Only family or spouses can see pro heroes while they are injured. He's not awake to give consent about you visiting. Bye now." She rolled her eyes.

"Listen here, you little bit-" Your angry words were cut off by Inko, who could almost see the steam coming out of your ears.

"I'm his mother and she can see him whenever she wants to." Her stern tone caught you off guard. "So, where is my son?" She smacked her hand down on the desk.

The woman's eyes widened in shock as she immediantly took down your information in case you ever wanted to come back to visit and Inko wasn't there.

"Right on!" You giggled; giving Inko a high five, which in turn made her smile just a little.

The two of you made you way quickly to the room where Izuku was and when you slowly pushed the door open.

You felt your knees go weak as soon as you laid eyes on him. Inko on the other hand did sink to her knees, unable to breath at the sight in front of her.