Part 16

*Izuku's POV*

The following morning, Inko arrived at the hospital to find you and Izuku sleeping together in each other's arms. A wide grin spreaded across her face as she looked down at the two people she loved so dearly and simply took a seat on the opposite end of the room to wait.

My eyes fluttered open softly and I looked down to see (Y/N) in in arms. A gentle smile gracing my lips as my gaze trailed over her beautiful features, then I gently kissed the top of her head as I looked down at her.

I had never felt this way about anyone before, I wanted to make her smile and to keep her safe forever. Anytime she wasn't around, it just felt like a rock was sitting in my gut. Don't get me wrong, ever since I became a pro hero there has been plenty of women that threw themselves at me.

I just could bring myself to fall for anyone them because it just didn't feel right. The idea that they all just wanted to be with me because I was a pro was always on my mind and that wasn't the kind of love I wanted.

"Good morning." Inko spoke up in a playful voice, letting me know she was there.

My head snapped up towards the sudden sound and my face burned bright red as I scratched my cheek in embarassment.

"M-Morning, mom. How long have you been here?" I asked, trying to avoid making eye contact with her.

"Not long, I thought it best that I not wake either of you just yet because you looked so comfortable." She lightly giggled at my redded face.

I hummed before speaking again, slightly tighting my grip around (Y/N) as if she was going to slip away at any moment.

"You're going to tease me forever about this, aren't you?" I sighed, accepting my fate as my lips turned upward slightly.

"Not at all..." She gave a warm smile before continuing, "It makes me happy to see you smile like that and it's all I have ever wanted for you."

"I don't think I've ever felt like this with anyone else. I think I love her, mom." I said quietly as my eyes drifted to my mother, then down to (Y/N)'s sleeping face.

A peppy pink haired nurse with a pony tail popped her head into the room with a smile, interruption our conversation.

"The healer is on her way up to finish your treatment, Mr. Deku. You should be cleared to go home after." She chirped and disappeared from view before I could thank her.

I glanced back towards my mother as she stood to leave, turned back to face me before getting to the door.

"I know you love her, sweetheart and you should tell her how you feel." She said with a smile, then the room fell silent for a moment before I spoke again.

"I don't know if I should just yet, maybe she doesn't feel the same." I sighed dramatically and laid my head down on the bed to stare at the ceiling.

"You'll never know how she feels until you talk to her, son. I'll stop by your house when you get home. Love you!" Inko waved to her son as she left the room.

She kissed me back, maybe I have a chance after all...I'll find the right time to tell her.

My eyes darted back to the girl in my arms as she stirred around. Her beautiful (E/C) eyes opened, looking straight up at me. Both of our faces dusted pink; it's strange that we had slept in the same bed almost every night but this time felt different.

"H-how are you feeling?" She pulled away from me to stand, and I instantly missed the feeling of her being so close.

"I'm fine, I guess the healer is on their way up so we should be able to go home soon." I raised myself up, ignoring the pain. "Mom just left a few minutes ago, she said she would come by later."

I saw her face turn three shades brighter, almost like I could feel the heat radiating off of her from here which made me lightly laugh at how flustered she looked.

"Your mom was just here?! That means she saw the way we..." Her voice dropped and she swallowed hard. "Mother of All Might, were we like that the entire time she was here?!" She ran her hands through her hair in frustration.

I knew she was feeling embarrassed but I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction; I thought it was so cute.

"Calm down, (Y/N). It's fine, it's not like we were naked or anything." As soon as I said that, her eyes widened.

I smiled back at her but I noticed she had been staring off into space, bitting her lip.

As I went to open my mouth to ask her what she could possibly be thinking about, the same pink-haired nurse walked in with another woman in tow. She had curly brown hair that hung to her shoulders. However, I barely gave them a second look, I was still thinking looking at (Y/N) thinking about what was going on inside of her head.

"Good morning, Mr. Deku. How are you feeling?" The woman asked cheerfully; looking down at the clipboard in her hands.

"I'm fine, just ready to get home honestly." I replied after I turned my attention away from (Y/N) to the woman speaking.

I'm not sure if (Y/N) noticed my staring, but her face was bright red so maybe she did. The healer fixed me up and we made our way back home. Neither of us ready spoke but the silence wasn't uncomfortable.

When we walked through the front door, she started making dinner for us and forced me back to my room because the doctor said I should rest. My head hit the pillow as I laid back; thinking about how on earth I would tell her how I felt.