Part 4

While sitting at home alone on couch, you wondered what you should wear for the dinner tonight.

You were unsure of how to should dress. You wanted to look nice because it's been years since having dinner with other people.

Also because you would be seeing the number one hero again. He was a pro after all, so you wanted to look presentable.

On the other hand, you didn't want to wear something that would say that you were trying too hard.

You had never really been one to go out of your way to impress people, but you couldn't help being excited for this because when you were with him you were never allowed to go anywere.

After about an hour of rumaging through your closet, you finally found a (F/C) dress.

Well, this dress is a little shorter than I remember but it will have to do.

After finishing getting ready, you picked out the best bottle of wine you had to take over to Inko's.

You locked the door and headed to her apartment a few minutes early.

You knocked and she answered, allowing you in and taking the bottle of wine from your hand.

"Oh (Y/N)! You look beautiful dear!" She grabbed both of your hands and pulled them to her chest.

"Thank you. I wasn't sure what I should wear, and it's been a while since I last went shopping." You said in almost a whisper while your cheeks pinked at her words.

"Izuku dear, (Y/N) is here!" She pulled you into the living room behind her. "Make yourself comfortable, dinner will be ready in twenty minutes."

She walked back to the kitchen leaving you alone, so you decided to looked around the room at the pictures on the wall of Izuku when he was a child.

He looked so happy as a kid, even now he looks happy. It made you smile knowing that they both found a way to move forward even when Inko's husband abandoned them.

Eventually, Izuku emerged from the hall bathroom. He looked up from the ground to meet your eyes and completely froze.

For a moment, you saw a hint of something a little different in his eyes as he looked at you. You just couldn't place what it was.

You both stood for a moment, then you tore your gaze away from his green-eyes and spoke first to break the silence.

Trailing his apperance, it seemed as if he wanted to look nice as well. He wore a white button up dress shirt and black pants.

Also, you couldn't help but noticed that a few buttons were undone, letting a bit of his chest show.

"Um...you look really nice." You said looking him up and down shyly. Both of your faces flushed red.

"I was about to say the same thing to you." He gave a light laugh and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Thanks!" You said in an upbeat tone trying to make things less awkard between you and him. "Inko said that dinner would be ready in little while."

Both of you took a seat on the couch next to each other, neither of you really knew what to say at this point.

"Hey, Midoriya. What's it like to be a hero?" You asked looking at your feet.

"You can call me Izuku if you want or Deku. That's what my friends call me." He nervously said.

"So the number one hero has time for friends huh?" You jokingly said.

"Yeah, I make time for people I care about when I can but being a hero is hard sometimes because you can't save everyone." His tone turned a little sad.

"I see." You paused a moment to think. " Ya know, I bet you've saved more people than you've lost so look at it that way. Life isn't always kind or fair but at least people have something to put their hope in." You gave a bright smile and put your hand over his.

He looked at you wide-eyed for a moment, then his eyes softened and he gave a gentle smile.

"Thank you for that, (L/N)."

Maybe this could actually work, maybe I can be happy.

"Call me (Y/N)."

Inko walked into the room and announced that dinner was ready You pulled your hand away from his and quickly jumped up from the couch. Everyone sat down at the table and started to eat.

"This food is so good Inko! I would love if you could show me how to make this sometime." You took a drink of wine.

"Thank you, (Y/N). This is actually one of Izuku's favorite dishes that I make. " She said to you.

"I can see why this is your favorite, Izuku." You said with a light smile.

"Oh my, I didn't know you two were on a first name basis already!" Inko interrupted with a wide grin.

"We just decided a little bit ago actually. But it's not a big deal or anything" He said trying to brush off the statement.

Inko gave a sly smile that only you could see, which made you return hers with an awkward one.

"You know Izuku here is quite the little chief himself, I'm sure he could teach you how to make it better that I could." He pointed to her son.

"That sounds great, I'd really like that." You blushed at the idea of spending time alone with him.

*Ring-Ring-Ring*

Looking down to your phone, you recognized the number and froze for a moment.

You tried to ignored the ringing and put the phone on silent, but still the constant vibration coming from it was slightly annoying.

"(Y/N) is everything okay? You can take the call if it's important." Inko said with a concerned look.

You nodded your head and walked into the bathroom closing the door behind you.

When you answered the phone, you heard the one voice that you truly dreaded. The voice that you were terrified of.

"Hey baby, I've really missed you." He said sounding irritated.

A chill crept up your spine and you paused for a moment before speaking.

"Kazuki, for the last time just stop fucking calling me. Leave me alone!" You started to panic.

"Listen. How many times do I have to tell you about speaking to me like that or do I really have to remind you." He spat with venom in his voice.

"No! You listen, I'm done with you and I'm not going to keep living like this. You can't find me and you can't hurt me anymore!" You spat back matching his tone.

"I wouldn't get so comfortable talking to me like that if I were you, bitch. You know how angry that makes me. Oh, and make sure you enjoy the rest of your night while you can." His tone sounded cocky.

"Fuck you!" You hung the phone up quickly.

You looked in the mirror for a moment trying to calm your nerves before heading out of the bathroom.