Part 7

Waking up the next morning with a ringing headache, you pulled your tired body from the bed you had slept on.

Feeling your bare feet hit the cold floor sent a chill running down your spine.

A large green t-shirt that didn't belong to you wrapped around your small body. It smelled familiar, although you couldn't place the calming scent.

Your hazy vision started clearing up and you found yourself in a room that was new to you.

It was rather empty, the only things that stood out were a few All Might posters clinging to the walls.

This is weird, where the hell am I?

Memories slowly started flooding your brain of the days before and panic soon set in. That's when the door creaked open to reveal a mess of green and black hair.

"(Y/N), can I come in?" He asked in a soft tone.

"Sure." You said with a nod.

He walked in and took a seat beside you, offering a small smile even if he couldn't manage to give a genuine one. Unable to look him in the eye, you shifted your gaze to the floor.

"Are you feeling any better? I could get you something to eat if you want." His voice was filled with pity and you hated it.

Now you're going to think I'm just some broken girl who needs someone to save her... You'll look at me differently.

Silence filled the room for a moment before you spoke.

"Why? Why couldn't you just let me die when I had the chance?" Tears starting dripping down your face.

"I'm a hero, I don't just let people die. Can you please tell me what happened? Who hurt you like this?" His voice was soft.

He went to wipe tears from your cheek, but before he made contact, you smacked his hand away.

"Damnit, Izuku. Just stop... Stop being so nice to me! You have no idea what you've done, I'll never get away from him now! Don't you get it?" Your voice shook with fear and anger as your hands clutched your chest.

"I would get it if you would just tell me what's going on! Why would you try to kill yourself!? If I would've known that you were running from some guy, I would've made sure that bastard never got near you again." His voice sounded angry, which came as a shock because he usually sounded so kind.

"Why do you care so much?! You don't know anything about me." You said harshly while getting to your feet to leave, now feeling every bruise that Kazuki left behind.

Please, just let me go. I'll only make your life harder.

Upon feeling his hand grip yours gently, you turned your gaze to see that his head hung low with his hair covering his green eyes, but there were tears streaming down his face.

Don't cry for me, Izuku.

"But we're friends and I want to know you, if you'll let me." He said looking up at you with a sad smile.

"This is why I didn't tell you, it breaks my heart to see you cry for me... I'm pathetic." Your voice was barely above a whisper.

"No. You're not, you are incredibly strong. I know that, but there's nothing wrong with asking for help when you need it." He squeezed your hand just a little. "I just want to help you, (Y/N)."

I don't deserve it... I'm not worth the trouble.

"Why? Because it's you're job? Or is it because you feel sorry for me? I don't want anyone's pity." You pulled your hand from his. "I've been on my own for a long time, I can handle this by myself." You snapped at him.

I can't do this to you...

"(Y/N), don't push me away! You aren't alone anymore. And I don't pity you, I just care about you, so does my mom." He stood as you turned to face him. "You can't keep dealing with the all by yourself..."

You dropped to the floor on your knees and wrapped your arms around yourself.

"I'm so tired, Izuku...I'm tired of fighting! I'm tired of running! I just want it all to stop! I don't have anywhere else to go, this is it for me!" You calmed your voice before continuing.

"Please, don't make this harder than it already is because I do want to stay here with Inko... with you. But I know I can't, so you just let me go." You began to sob again.

I'm too broken. There isn't anything left.

Izuku bent down and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his chest. You clung to his shirt as you cried.

"I promise, I'll protect you. Just please... please let me." He whispered to you. "I'll do anything, just don't do that ever again."

You looked into his eyes as he wiped the tears from your face with his thumb.

"We will figure everything out, so don't worry. I will keep you safe, I won't let anyone hurt you ever again, (Y/N)." He gave a gentle smile.

"Izuku..." His eyes held a softness to them that you had never seen before from anyone.

Your chest felt lighter as you heard his words. You pulled yourself closer to him and rested against his chest while his cheek pressed against the top of your head.

You both stayed there for a little while longer as you thought about everything. You enjoyed his warmth in silence.

You were in awe that both, Inko and Izuku, were so kind hearted. You just couldn't believe that they cared for you so much because in truth, you weren't used to anyone caring about you.

After a little while longer of letting Izuku comfort you, you got up and put some clothes on that belonged to Inko, then headed for the kitchen.

You decided to give freedom one more shot and you told both, Izuku and Inko, everything that happened to you over the past few years with Kazuki.