Part 13

*Time skip a few weeks*

Everything went pretty smoothly for the past three weeks. You and Izuku had both went back to work about a week ago.

The two of you had been able to spend the mornings together but since you both worked late, you'd take turns making dinner and putting some away for the other.

At night, you usually found yourself in Izuku's room. Waking up together was becoming somewhat of a habit now, but neither of you minded.

He would leave his bedroom door cracked a little in case you decided to just slip in when you didn't want to wake him.

The way Inko talked, he worked all the time but he had been home a lot more than you thought he'd be, it was nice having him around though.

You made sure to visit Inko at least twice a week. Today was one of those days and it was also one of your days off.

You helped Izuku make some breakfast before he had to leave for work, then you got yourself ready to go to her place.

You stepped into Inko's apartment, slipped off your shoes and headed for your usually place at the table.

"Have they got any word about finding that man who hurt you?" She asked while taking a seat next to me.

"Not yet, honestly at this rate I think I'll never be out of poor Izuku's hair." You laughed playfully.

That wouldn't be so bad though, I like staying with him.

You shook the though from your head as you sighed; tapping your fingertips on the glass in your hand.

"Speaking of that son of mine, has he been taking care of you, dear?" Inko asked while sipping her tea.

"Of course, he's been amazing actually." You blushed a little thinking about how the two of you slept in the same bed almost every night.

"I'm glad you two have each other, I know he's grateful to have you around. I'm really surprised he's been taking more days off here lately too." She sighed happily; propping her head up on her hand.

"He saved me, so I'm the one who should be grateful." You lightly laughed.

"(Y/N)." She placed a hand over yours before continuing. "Believe it or not, you saved him too."

"What do you mean?" You asked with a confused tone; furrowing your eyebrows.

"He worked so much before he met you because he was always alone. I mean, yes being a hero was always his dream but there isn't much crime anymore, he just tried his hardest to stay busy." She closed her eyes and gave a warm smile.

"Really?" You asked completely shocked. "Come to think of it, I've never really seen anyone come over to visit him." You trailed off in thought.

"Mhmm, you're very special to him." For some reason, her words made your heart beat a little faster.

You finished your tea session and gathered your things, deciding it was time to head back home for the night, since it was your turn to cook dinner.

As you walked down the street, you allowed your thought so run wild.

I'm...special to him? What does that even mean?

Yes, we're friends but does he want me to go?

He only let me stay with him to keep me safe because he's a hero, so I can't be that important to him, right?

He's so nice that he would've done this for anyone, wouldn't he?

You unlocked the front door and decided that you would let it go for now.

You let your eyes wonder around the house for a few minutes and smiled thinking about how happy you've been here.

You couldn't remember the last time you were happy like this, but then your smile slowly turned somber.

This won't last forever, as soon as Kazuki is put behind bars, I'll have to leave him.

You sat down slowly in one of the chairs at the kitchen table all alone and rested your head in your hands.

I'd better make the most of my time here with him. Hopefully, he still wants to hang out with me after all of this is over.

After a much needed bath, you threw on a long t-shirt that hung to your thighs and a pair of socks, knowing that Izuku usually didn't come home until way later.

You blasted your favorite playlist and started cooking while singing loudly into a whisk and dancing around the kitchen as you cooked.

It was quite a shock when you heard the sound of laughter coming from behind you concidering it was only 3pm.

You slowly spun around and saw Izuku standing there with a hand covering his mouth, trying his hardest to contain his amusement at what he just came home to.

"Just how long have you been standing there?" You puffed your cheeks out and crossed your arms.

"Long enough to see the finale." He released his hand from his mouth and threw his head back laughing loudly.

I could listen to that forever...

You watched him laugh and smiled to yourself before speaking again.

"Jokes on you buddy, you haven't seen nothing yet!" You laughed and went right back to singing and dancing around like a goofball.

He continued laughing as he began dancing and singing along with you, twirling you around the kitchen.

You both fell to the floor next to each other panting and laughing, just trying to catch your breath.

After your laughter died down a little you rolled over to face him, and he did the same while proping his head up with his hand.

"What are you doing home so early? I thought you'd be out for a few more hours." You asked with a small grin, just happy he was here with you.

"I just wanted to have dinner together night, it's not the same eating without you anymore." He replied softly blushing.

You blushed a little as Inko's words from earlier popped into your mind.

'You're special to him.'

"I'm glad you did." You gave a slight paused before speaking again. "I missed you today, Izuku." Your voice was barely above a whisper.

His eyes softened, holding your gaze. It looked like he was in deep thought before he spoke. 

"I missed you too, (Y/N)." He whispered; rubbing his thumb down your cheek slowly. His touch made your stomach do backflips.

Your eyes widened for a moment as he slowly leaned down closer to you.

Holy shit...is he about to kiss me?!

Your heart thumped hard in your chest as his face inched closer to yours; feeling his breath dance across your lips was pure bliss.

You began leaning towards him, about to meet his lips.