Part 3

Inko sat next to you while Izuku sat on the other side of the table directly in front of you.

Why am I so nervous all of a sudden? Inko talks about him so much that I feel like I've known him for years.

You couldn't help but notice that Izuku kept glancing in your direction then looking away as soon as your eyes met with his.

"Umm... so, do you like living in Musutafu?" He asked looking a little anxious.

"Yeah, I love it here. It's a lot quieter than Tokyo." You smiled at him.

"What made you decide to move so far from Toyko? It's about a three-hour trip, right?" He asked propping his head up with his hand.

"Well." You paused. "It was for personal reasons," You said looking to your hands that rested in your lap.

"Oh. I understand. I didn't mean to be so pushy." He said with a defeated look.

"Not at all, I just don't really want to talk about it." You gave a reassuring smile. "But Inko tells me that you're quite the hero," You said changing the subject.

His face turned pink. "I am a pro hero, but I've still got a lot to learn." He rubbed the back of his neck with an awkward smile.

It's so cute that he's quick to blush over something so simple. Wait, why am I thinking he's cute?! I just met him.

"Oh Izuku, you've worked so hard to get to where you are. You should be proud! Not everyone has what it takes to be the number one hero!" Inko looked at him with a small smile.

"You're the number one hero?! That's so cool!" You beamed. "Deku, right?"

"T-Thank you, and yes that's me." He stuttered a bit from embarrassment. "What do you do for work?"

"I'm a bartender. It's not as impressive as being a hero, but I think people need me as much as they need you." All three of us shared a laugh.

"Do you mind if I ask what your quirk is?" He relaxed a little.

"Oh, I actually don't have one." You gave a sad smile while looking down into your tea. "Both of my parents were quirkless, so it wasn't a big surprise that I never got one."

"Sorry, I shouldn't be asking such personal questions," Midoryia said looking down at his hands.

"No, it's fine. I got over it after I graduated, growing up I always wanted to be a hero though. I just learned to adjust to reality over the years." You looked up from the cup and gave him a small smile.

"You know dear, for the longest time, I didn't think my son had a quirk either. The doctors told us that he would likely never develop one, so it was quite shocked when he got one in middle school and got into the hero course at UA." Inko said looking over to her son.

So he didn't have one growning up either, huh. How strange...

"He was so determined to be a hero, he would always write down everything he could about every hero he saw." She gave a little giggle.

"M-Mom! That's a little embarrassing..." Izuku waved his hands frantically in front of him. "I'm sure she doesn't want to hear about how much of a dork I was."

"I don't think it's dorky at all! UA is a great school, I've only ever heard good things about it. Your mom is right Midoriya, you should be proud of yourself." You gave a bright smile.

After everyone finished having tea and talking for a little while, you got up from the chair and started helping the two of them clean the kitchen up.