Part 10

*Izuku's POV*

Thump-Thump

I woke up to the sound of knocking, so I slowly stood up rubbing the sleep from my eyes before opening the door.

(Y/N) stood there with her cheeks dusted pink when she realized that I was shirtless and in only my All Might pajama pants, I felt my voice get stuck in my throat as I looked at her.

"What's the matter? Is everything alright?" I asked starting to get a little worried about her.

"I'm really sorry about waking you up. Again. I just couldn't get back to sleep..." She said shyly which caused me to lightly smile.

"It's fine, I told you to ask me if you needed anything so I'm glad you woke me up." I smiled at her and leaned against my door frame.

She pulled on her fingers, I could tell she was nervous.

"I could make you some tea if you want, whatever you need." I said trying to reassure her that it was okay that she needed me.

"Nevermind, it's kind of stupid to ask. I've bothered you enough for one night." She turned to go back to her room, but I grabbed her hand to keep her from running away.

When she turned to look at me, I felt my heart beat quicken just a little. She was wearing a tank top and shorts...really short shorts.

Stop looking at her like that, you'll creep her out!

"Wait." I stopped for a moment to mentally slap myself. "It's not a problem, I promise. Just tell me what you need." My voice was deep and low from just waking up.

She turned to look at me and her eyes showed how unsure she was.

"I was going to ask you if you would stay with me for a little while, just until I fell back to sleep." Her tone was quiet and soft as she turned her gaze to the floor.

Without much hesitation, I answered her while taking a step closer to the girl that stood in front of me.

"Of course I will. I'll stay as long as you need me to, (Y/N)." I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

She simply nodded her head as I intertwined my fingers with hers.

"You can go back to your room as soon as I'm asleep, I don't want to be any trouble to you." She said looking into my eyes and stopped a moment before continuing.

"I just feel better when you're around. So thank you." Her words trailed off as she turned to lead me into her room.

She let go of my hand and crawled into bed, pulling the blanket open to invite me in.

We laid next to each other without touching, or speaking for a little bit but it slowly started to get less akward as we talked.

"Do you have nightmares often?" I asked looking up to the ceiling.

She signed as flipped over to face me. "Yeah, I used to have them a lot when I was younger, but I've been having them a lot recently though."

"Want to tell me what you dreamed about?"

"It's the same dream I always have, but this time something new happened..." She paused before continuing. "I've never really talked to anyone about them before, so I don't know where to start."

"Why haven't you ever told anyone?" A puzzled look ran across my face for a moment.

"No one has ever asked."

Her answer was simple, but I could tell that there was more to it because it is was so simple. She then changed the subject to something more light hearted.

"So you must really like All Might, huh?"

"Yeah, I do. He's my mentor, but even before that I was kind of a fan boy." I avoided eye contact with her because I was a little embarrassed.

"I can tell, when I was in your old room there were posters of him hanging on the walls. Not to mention your PJs." She giggled a little which made me happy.

"You're pretty observant, aren't you?" I laugh and covered my red face with my hands.

"I guess you could say that." She gave a sleepy smile. "Is he the reason you wanted to be a hero?"

"Definatily, when I was a kid I was obsessed with how awesome he was, because he saved everyone with a smile." I beamed down at her.

I started to ramble on for what felt like forever about my favorite childhood heroes.

My rant was suddenly cut short when I looked over to see that she was fast asleep.

She looks so peaceful when she sleeps, I'm glad I was able to help.

Before I knew what I was doing, I found my hand lightly brushing through her hair. As I went to pull away, I felt her arms wrap around me.

I froze for a second before smiling down at her.

I didn't really know what to do because I didn't want to wake her up after she had just fallen back to sleep, so I decided to stay for a while.

I saw her cuddling me, then I pulled her closer and wrapped my arm around her and had her head resting on my chest.

She stirred for a moment, then stopped after she got comfortable again.

Laying there next to her, I began thinking about how happy it made me to have her next to me.

The circumstances really suck, but I'm glad she's here. Is it selfish of me to be a little happy that she's laying in my arms right now?

I stayed still for a little while just rubbing her arm with my thumb and listening her the sound of her breathing, but my eyes started to feel heavy as thoughts ran through my head.

She is going through a lot right now, but all I want is to see her enjoy her life and smile. I'll be there for her no matter what, I'll be her hero.

"Good night, (Y/N)." I spoke in a whisper as I fell into a dreamless sleep.