Part 12

*Izuku's POV*

It was around 6 a.m when I woke up to see that (Y/N) and I had fallen asleep on the couch together after watching movies last night.

It took me a few minutes to realize that I was laying in her lap and she had her fingers wrapped in my hair.

Did she lay me down when I fell asleep? I remember dozing off on the other side of the couch...

I slowly pulled myself up trying not to wake her up and picked her up to carry her to her room. As I laid her down, I covered her up and closed the door.

Heading straight for the kitchen, I turned on the coffee machine and then took a shower.

I stood there for a while, enjoying the warmth of the water running over my face but my mind couldn't help but to let my head fill with thoughts of her.

She's so amazing and kind.

Anyone else that was in her situation would probably be cold, but not her.

She's the opposite of cold.

When my shower was over, I poured a cup of coffee and started on breakfast. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts while I was cooking that I didn't even hear (Y/N) walk into the kitchen behind me.

"Morning, Izuku!" She said in an upbeat tone, startling me.

I jumped at the sudden sound and managed to drop the cup in my hand. Pieces of glass slid across the floor at my feet. I turned around slowly and gave her a stiff smile while I scratched the back of my head. It was a little embarrassing to be so clumsy being the number one hero and all.

"Good morning, (Y/N). Sorry about that, you just scared me a little." I laughed akwardly.

Her cheery attitude shifted quickly to panic and fear almost instantly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered; bending down quickly to pick up the chunks of glass, I noticed that she had cut her finger but said nothing as she continued cleaning up the mess.

It was an accident, does she think I'll be mad at her about the plate?

It makes me wonder what she's had to go through with that asshole for her to be so afraid over something small like this.

I crouched down to her level and gently touched her hand, stopping her from picking up any more glass. Her gaze shifted from our hands then to my face. She went wide-eyed as I gave her a stern look.

"(Y/N)." I paused as I looked her in the eyes. "Please, don't ever be afraid that I'll be upset with you over something like this, it was an accident."

I took the glass from her hand, set it on the ground and pulled her back to her feet slowly.

"You're bleeding." I said softly.

I looked to the ground and saw that she was barefoot, so I picked her up and sat her on the kitchen counter because I didn't want her to step in glass. She looked confused when I trailed off down the hall and returned with a first aid kit.

She didn't speak as I cleaned the cut on her finger and bandaged it up. Then I swept up that glass just trying to let her calm down but she was still sitting there with her head down like she was waiting for a punishment; it made my heart her to see her look like that.

"Are you scared of me, (Y/N)?" I asked softly turning to face her.

She quickly snapped her head up and tears slipped down her cheeks.

"N-no." She choked out through her tears. "I didn't mean to react like that, you always make me feel safe. I don't want you to think that I'm scared of you, Izuku. I'm so sorry." She buried her face in her hands and continued to sob.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, pulling her close to me while she cried. After a few minutes, I felt her hands on my back and she buried her face onto my chest.

"I'll never hurt you, (Y/N). I promise. I won't let anyone else hurt you either...not ever." I whispered to her; tightening my arms around her.

She had been through so much, and her smile was a broken one; I promised myself that no matter what I would make her smile for real from now on. 

We sat there together like that for half an hour more, then I finished making our breakfast and we ate in comfortable silence until she spoke.

"Hey, Izuku?" She glanced up at me for only a second then returned her gaze back to the plate in front of her.

"Hmm? What is it?" I asked between bites.

"I was gonna ask either, but how did I get back to my room last night?" She blushed lightly.

"Oh. I carried you to bed when I woke up on the couch." I smiled at her.

"Thanks, that was really nice of you." She looked flustered; it was adorable.

"Well, you covered me up last night, so it was the least I could do." I said smoothly.

"I really liked watching movies with you and I like spending time with you." She said lowly. "I appreciate everything you've been doing for me, I'm glad we're friends."

Friends, huh...why does that bother me?

I mean that's what we are after all, just friends...

"Me too." I gave a sad smile.

"What's wrong?" Her eyes were laced with concern.

"Oh. It's nothing! I'm fine, really. Don't worry." I waved her off, trying to pretend like nothing was wrong, even though it felt like I had been kicked in the chest.

I stood up from the table and started cleaning up the living room as (Y/N) went to go get dressed for the day.

All I want is to make her happy, even if that's all we will ever be.

"Hey, I have a great idea! Let's go shopping and I can make dinner for us tonight!" (Y/N) jumped up and down with excitement.

I felt my heart beat quicken when I saw her smile, like it always did. I agreed and we went to pick some things up for later.

Dinner was great, we laughed and talked but a part of me was still a little sad thinking of what she had said to me earlier still, it felt nice to get to know her better. Soon after we finished our meals, we both went to our rooms to turn in for the night. I laid in my bed flat on my back with my arm covering my eyes, lost in thought about the beautiful girl across the hall.

"Damnit, (Y/N). I think I'm falling in love with you..."