Part 8

Sitting at the table with Inko and Izuku, you laid your head in your hands when your finished telling them what you had been through.

You felt Inko place a hand on your back trying to comfort you.

"(Y/N)... I'm sorry you had to live through that and for what it's worth, I'm happy we met. I want to see you smile more and be truly happy because you deserve that." Izuku said.

Your heart skipped a beat hearing what he said, no one had told you anything like that in a long time and it felt good.

Inko removed her hand from your back and turned to look at you.

"Don't ever try something like that again, I would have been devastated if you had died." She said with a determined look on her face.

"I won't Inko, I swear. I'm sorry for doing something so stupid, I just didn't know what else to do." You said with a sad tone.

"You don't have to apologize, but know that I worry about you just as much as I worry about Izuku." Her tone softened and you simply nodded.

"I'm totally screwed now, because I can't afford to move again and I know he's been back to my apartment by now. He's probably seen the blood and is looking for me at local hospitals." You paused with a worried look before continuing.

"I think he might actually kill me this time if he finds me. What am I going to do now?"

"I have an idea, I'm not sure how you'll feel about it though..." Izuku said then he trailed off muttering about something I couldn't quite make out.

"What is it?" Inko asked with a puzzled look.

"You can live with me." He replied with a shy smile.

"I couldn't do that to you! I'll just be in your way." You said waving your hands around in panic.

"We could be roommates! My place is too big for just me anyways and I promised you that I would protect you, (Y/N). You can find your own place after I take Kazuki to jail and I know that you're safe." He looked into your eyes. "Please, just consider it."

"He's right dear, that would be the best option. If you stayed here with me, that man could find you pretty easily. You would have a better chance staying close to Izuku because he's a hero." Inko interjected.

"Well, what do you say? I promise that you'll be able to live as freely as you want, and I'll give you as much space as you need. I just want to make sure you're alright." He smiled. "I'm working most of the time anyway, so you'll have privacy there."

"Okay..." You paused. "I promise I'll leave as soon as I can. I don't want to make things harder for you." You quietly answered.

Izuku beamed with excitement as he stood up from the table.

"This will be great, I've been thinking about tons of fun stuff for us to do so we can get to know each other better. We can cook together and have movie marathons and-" He stopped talking when he noticed that he was being over enthusiastic about the situation.

"Sorry...I'm just excited about not being alone all the time, my other friends are usually too busy with work to hang out." He rubbed the back of his neck with a nervous smile.

"Izuku...Thank you." You said in a soft tone.

He blushed and turned away from the table, trying to hide it.

"You're welcome, (Y/N)." His own tone was as soft as yours.

After a few cups of tea to relax your nerves, you and Izuku went to your apartment to pack up your things and clean up the mess, which took most of the day.

~Time Skip To Izuku's House~

Izuku showed you around your new home and helped you set up your stuff in the spare room.

When that was finished, you two decided to have dinner which Izuku volunteered to make. It was just some simple sushi but it was delicious.

"You really are a good cook, aren't you Izuku?" You said with a mouthful of food.

He laughed a little, "I'm alright but there's still a lot more I would like to learn about it."

"Could you teach me a few recipes sometime?"

"I'd love to! I know you'll be great at it!" He smiled.

Returning the smile with one of your own, the two of you enjoyed the rest of your meal in comfortable silence.

You were helping Izuku clean up the kitchen, he put away the left over food and turned to you.

"I've decided to take some time off from work until you fully healed, you should really take some time to rest before you go back to work too." He said.

"You really don't have to do that, I don't want you to have to change up your life to babysit me." You ran your hands through your hair.

"I already called to let them know I would be out for a week or two, so it's fine. I don't really remember the last time I used my vacation days since I started my own hero agency, so I needed a break anyway." He smiled gently at me.

"I'm sorry that you have to do all this just for me, but I'll call Mei in the morning to tell her I'll be out for a little while." You hung your head low.

"(Y/N), please don't apologize for anything. I wanted to do this, I'm actually pretty excited about having time off to hang out with you." He placed a hand on your head and grinned.

"I'm excited too." You smiled to him with a half lidded grin. "I don't really have any idea what to do, so you may have to make the plans. I haven't spent time with anyone other than Inko in a long time."

"That won't be a problem, I told you this morning that I had a few things we could do together." He moved his hand from your head, letting it fall back to his side.

"Why are you doing all this for me?" Your voice was laced with guilt.

"Honestly, I want to show you all the things in life that makes it worth waking up everyday." His tone sounded like silk.

You simply nodded, unable to find proper words.

"It's getting late and you've had a rough couple of days. You should get some rest." He turned to walk to his room, then stopped to look back at you.

"Good night, (Y/N). I'll see you in the morning."

"Good night, Izuku. Thanks for everything." You both exchanged smiles and went to your rooms for the night.