Part 17

After you and Izuku had came home, you told him that you would cook dinner; insisting that he rest up.

Thinking about the kiss you two had shared was distracting to say the least, but you weren't the type to push conversations; instead, you thought it best to let him bring it up.

After all, you kissed him. What if it made things weird, or what if he didn't feel the same. Either way, you couldn't shake the warm feeling inside of your chest that lingered every time you saw him. While you were plating up the food for you two, Izuku walked into the kitchen behind you.

You turned to face him and he had a worried look plastered across his face.

"(Y/N), we need to talk." You looked up into his eyes; he placed his hand on your cheek in order to keep your eyes locked on his.

"Sure." Your voice was quiet, which only seemed to worry him more for just a moment.

"There is something I've been wanting to tell you for a while now but, I'm not sure how to say it though." His gaze darted from your eyes to your lips.

"Izuku-" Your words were cut off by his lips crashing into yours, passionately and slow. The more you let yourself push against the kiss deeper and deeper, the slopier and heated it got.

You ran your hands through his hair; pulling at the roots. A soft moan escaped your lips and he stiffened before he wrapped his arms around your waist tightly, then let them slip down to the back of your thighs.

He raised you up; you wrapped your legs around his waist to try to pull him closer to you. You both melted into each other, hungry for the taste of each other's lips. After a few minutes, he pulled away from the kiss; both of you panting.

"(Y/N)..." He paused; looking over your face before finishing. "I'm in love with you."

Those words made your chest tighten and you wanted more.

"I love you, too." You smiled against his lips.

"I want you, forever. I couldn't imagine coming home without you here with me. I promise I will do right by you. I'll protect you and make you smile for as long as you let me." His thumb danced across your lips softly; still keeping his eyes locked on yours.

You pushed your lips against his once again; enjoying this piece of intimacy you two shared. After a little while, there was a series of soft knocks at the front door. He pulled you down from the counter and set you back on your feet before making his way to the front door.

"Hey mom, I completely forgot that you were coming over." He laughed awkwardly and guided her to the kitchen table while you made her a plate.

"Hi, Inko. I didn't know you were suppose to stop by." You smiled brightly; heart still beating at an irregular pace from the heated make-out session that just took place.

"Hello, sweetheart! How is Izuku doing? Has he been resting? You know how stubborn he can be." The small green-haired woman stood next to you and began sitting the plates on the table.

"You know I'm standing right here." Izuku deadpanned; taking his seat at the kitchen table.

"Yes dear, I know. (Y/N) would be honest with me, you have a habit of saying you're fine even if you aren't." She smiled over her shoulder at her son; you tried to stifle your giggles by covering your mouth with your hand but it didn't do much good.

Izuku groaned in frustration; pouting like a child being scolded. Inko just kept her usual smile as she took a seat across from him. You sat next to Izuku; every once in a while he would place a hand on your leg and rub circles with his thumb, making your face go red before he would lovingly glance over at you. Luckily Inko didn't notice or at least didn't let it show if she had.

When dinner was finished, Inko left and the two of you started cleaning up together. Even though this man had told you that he loved you a few hours before, everything was normal. It felt easy to be near him and you just couldn't get enough of that.

The rest of the night was spent cuddling and watching movies until the two of you fell asleep on the couch; the next morning when you had woke up, you saw that he wasn't sleeping next to you anymore; he was walking out of the kitchen holding two cups of coffee.

"Good morning, beautiful." He grinned; handing you a cup and took a seat.

"Morning." You smiled sleepily back to him, then took a sip of the hot drink.

"Whenever you feel like it, get dressed. I'm taking you out today." He patted the top of your head.

"Like on a date?" You smirked up at him and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, a date. If you want to be my girlfriend, that is." He looked confident but his voice gave away just how nervous he was; it was adorable.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, Izu." You wrapped your arms around his waist and he pulled you into him with his signature blinding smile.

After you both finished your coffee, you had decided to finally get up to get ready for the day. You couldn't contain your excitement but also, you were nervous which was something you weren't expecting to feel.

"Are you ready?" He yelled from the other side of the house, you looked over your appearance one more time before going to meet him at the front door.

"I'm ready, I wasn't sure what I should wear because I didn't know what we would be doing." You said as he turned to look at you; his jaw dropped at how beautiful you looked.

For a moment, he looked like a completely different person.

His usual awkwardness faded, and his eyes flashed with confidence as he walked towards you; raising his hand to run his fingertips down your cheek.

"You look beautiful, (Y/N)." His tone was low and deep.

You shuttered at his light touch, making your knees go a little weak.

"Thank you." You blushed; turning your gaze to the floor and he leaned in, hooking his fingers under your chin to bring your eyes back up to meet his.

"We had better get going or I'm not sure that we'll make it anywhere today." He whispered in your ear then placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

You couldn't form any words, you just nodded your head and he opened the door for you to step out.