Part 21

*Izuku's POV*

I shifted my weight uncomfortably between my feet; waiting for one of my friends to speak up. I crossed my arms over my chest as Shoto spoke up first. 

"Midoriya, we came over to talk to you about what happened on that last mission. We're all worried because it isn't like you to be distracted at work." He said; looking over to Bakugo that stood next to him. 

"Sorry guys, I guess I just had a lot on my mind." I laughed awkwardly and scratched my cheek. 

"Yeah, loser. You really lost your shit over some girl that probably doesn't even love you. Pathetic." Bakugo scoffed while rolling his eyes. "You were distracted and you're lucky you didn't get yourself or anyone else killed." 

"Wow man, no need to be so harsh, accidents happen," Kirishima commented. 

"Well, he is supposed to be the best and he's not right now!" Bakugo yelled. 

"I don't need you guys to worry so much! I know what I'm doing and this is what I want." I scoffed. 

Luckily, (Y/N) was still getting dressed in her room because I really didn't want her to hear any of this. It would be embarrassing for her to know that I was getting ripped a new one by my friends over what happened at work.

"I know you like this girl, but you need to pull your head out of your ass. She's probably just using you anyway." Bakugo growled; irritated that he was even there in the first place.

"Stop saying that, I was aware of what I was getting into from the start." My expression turned serious as I looked over them. 

"I just don't like that you are letting your hero work slip, especially after you've worked so hard to be number one. We're all just concerned for you. You don't know this girl and we don't either." Shoto said while running his hand through his duel-colored hair. 

"Well, I do know her. You guys haven't even tried to get to know her at all." I stated; becoming frustrated with the conversation. 

"Do you?" Bakugo scoffed; taking a step forward. "How much do you know about her? From what I see, she's just some quirkless woman who has shitty taste in men that's looking for someone to save her ass." 

"I know enough, she isn't just using me. She's not that kind of person so don't say that about her!" I spat; balling my fists at my side in anger. 

Mina and Kirishima were having their own conversation but I couldn't make out what they were talking about. At this point, I was grateful that they didn't have anything negative to say about the situation. That was until Mina spoke up.

"Didn't she try to kill herself when you found her? I mean, maybe you should've just checked her into the mental hospital and let them do there job. This just seems like it's a lot to handle on your own." She said; looking up at me from her spot on the couch.

I could tell that she didn't mean anything by that, only that she was worried.

"You should really get your priorities straight, Deku. You haven't been working much lately, and I would assume it has something to do with that girl you took in out of pity!" Bakugo yelled as he stormed off towards the door.

"I know I've been a little out of it lately but I'm fine. You guys don't have to worry about me so much." I yelled back to him then he slammed it shut behind him. 

The others started walking towards the door to leave as well waving goodbye as they walked out the door, Shoto stopped before heading out and put a hand on my shoulder. 

"There isn't anything wrong with falling for someone, but you should put work first. Also, you should give yourself time to really get to know her before you start shrugging off your responsibilities." He spoke before leaving. 

I ran my hand down my face in frustration; I huffed and walked back towards the living room. That's when I saw her standing there with tears in her eyes and it made my heart hurt seeing her upset.

"So, is it true?" She whispered out. 

I cocked an eyebrow at her in confusion and took a few steps forward; stopping directly in front of her. 

"What do you mean?" I went to pull her closer to me, but she took a step back. That feeling of her not wanting me to touch her hit me like a brick and it hurt. 

"That all of this is out of pity...isn't it? You told all of your friends that I was the crazy girl who tried to kill herself, didn't you?" I felt my heart pound in my chest as more tears spilled down her cheeks. 

"No, it isn't! I thought you knew that I cared about you from the start. And I just told them what happened because I insisted that you stay with me." I crossed my arms over my chest; hurt that she would believe that after everything. 

"But you didn't say it wasn't. I heard you guys talking, and you never told them that it wasn't out of pity. It was out of pity! That's why you wanted me to stay so just tell me the truth." I could hear the pain in her voice as she wrapped herself in her arms. 

What I didn't know at the time was that (Y/N) was standing in the hallway listening to everything that was being said. I remember exactly what I had said and I realized that I didn't make it clear to them at all that I was in love with her and that I wanted her in my life.

I wasn't sure what to say at this point, so I said nothing. That spoke louder that words I suppose because she gave a sad smile. It was just a little overwhelming that my day could go from amazing to horrible so quickly. I shifted my gaze to the floor; avoiding eye contact because seeing her like that was killing me.

"I knew your friends wouldn't like me, and you could've gotten hurt because of me." She gripped the bottom of her shirt tightly as she continued to cry. 

"(Y/N), I promise it's not like that at all! I love you and I want you here with me." I tried reasoning with her but it wasn't doing any good. 

"I think it would be best for both of us if I left, Izuku. You're the number one hero and your friend was right, you should put work first because it's your dream." She turned around quickly and ran to her room. 

She ran past me with her bag in hand and as I called for her to wait, she just kept walking. The door closed behind her and I cursed myself for not going after her right then. I thought that maybe she just needed some time to herself but after a few hours past and she didn't come back home, I started to worry. 

I called my mother in hopes that (Y/N) would've gone there but she didn't. The only thing that crossed my mind was that dirty bag ex of hers. 

What if he found her? 

What if she's hurt? 

What if...no...

I paced around my kitchen calling her over and over again only to hear her voice mail repeat like a loop over the next few hours. I couldn't sleep that night; I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that maybe she wasn't okay.