Part 27

*A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading! To be honest, I'm super surprised we're at 20k right now and it really means so much to me that you guys are enjoying this story! <3*

As your eyes fluttered open; bright light-filled your vision causing your head to pound. You weren't really sure what had happened or where you were but all you did know was everything hurt.

From what you could gather in your weak state was that you were in a hospital room.

You tried to sit up but found that it was pointless as a hand pushed you back down gently.

You looked in the direction of the person who was beside you; it was the same nurse with pink hair that had been here with Izuku when he was injured.

Izuku!

You shot up despite the pain in your stomach and leg; frantically searching the room for your green-haired boyfriend.

Suddenly, the memories of everything that had happened came flooding back into your mind; the last thing being that you passed out in some storage closet expecting to not wake up again.

"Woah, you should really take it easy! You almost died, but you're going to be okay." The nurse said as she attempted to calm you down.

Your voice was hoarse as you tried to force yourself to speak.

He isn't here...he didn't come...

"W-Where is he?" I whispered out; looking up at her as tears started rolling down your cheeks.

She smiles as the door slides open. Izuku was standing there wide-eyed with his mouth hanging open as if he had seen a ghost.

Which to him, that's exactly what he was seeing because he thought you were never going to wake up.

The bag of food that was in his hand dropped to the floor as tears started welling up in his green eyes. He gripped his chest tightly as he slowly walked towards you.

"(Y/N)...please say something...tell me this isn't a dream..." He sobbed; dropping to his knees next to your hospital bed.

"I'm here, Izu." You whisper out; your voice still hoarse. "This isn't a dream." You smile as you cry; extending your shakey hand to him. "I was afraid that you didn't come."

He grabbed your hand tightly and pressed it against his face. He took a minute to calm himself down; the nurse walked out to let the doctor know that you had finally woke up.

Izuku hadn't left your side for 20 hours but his mother convinced him to at least eat so you wouldn't worry too much when you woke up. She kept telling him over and over again that you would wake up, but he was just broken.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry baby." He tried to catch his breath. "I wasn't here when you woke up and I wasn't there when you needed me, none of this would've happened if I would've just stopped you from walking out that door. I couldn't keep my promise..."

"Izuku, I'm the one who should apologize because I just ran out on you." You cupped his cheek with your hand; turning his face to look up at you. "I love you so much, I was just scared that you would get hurt again because of me. That was why I left...I wasn't mad at your friends because they were just trying to look out for you."

"It was my fault I got hurt, not yours. I swear to you that I'll be more careful from now on...I just can't lose you...not again. And I told them how much I love you, they wanted to stop by to see you when you were feeling better and apologize...if that's okay with you..." His eyes were puffy and red from crying and he had dark bags under his eyes.

You nodded your head and pulled him close to you; kissing him softly and his hand rested on the back of your head to deepen the kiss. It was passionate and loving; something you never wanted to miss out on again.

The door slid open and the doctor walked in, along with another woman. She began to heal your serious injuries and instructed that you stay in the hospital for a few days to make sure everything was healing correctly.

You were so exhausted from the healing that you fell back to sleep shortly after. Izuku called Inko and Bakugo to tell them that you had woke up, then he crawled into bed with you and held you close as you rested.

His fingers ran through your hair as he cried; thanking the universe that you were still here with him.

"Baby, I love you so much." He kissed the top of your head gently and pulled you closer to him as if you would float away if he let go.