Suspicious

Chapter 3

"Lads, outside now!" Louis demanded sternly, his voice slightly wavering. 

I flinched back at his harsh tone. He didn't seem too fond of Liam's idea. I kind of understand of why he would be bitter; Liam just openly invited some pathetic little fan into their home. Liam gave Louis a pointed look, before slumping his shoulders. 

Zayn and Niall gave me a sympathetic smile, while Harry just stared. They sure were friendly, ha. These weren't the boys I knew so much and held dearly. Guess not everyone is as they seem. 

I think I was still in shock from what Liam had said. I had a feeling that they would decide against the idea though. Louis looked like he wanted to leave as soon as the words flew out of Liam's mouth. 

I listened to the hushed whispers outside editing the door. I tried to catch what they were saying, but they were talking too lowly for me to hear. The soft talking soon turned into loud yelling. 

It was at least ten minutes before they came back in again. I could see the glare in Louis' eyes, but I could also see that his face had softened. The rest of them looked a little sheepish, especially Liam. 

"Love, I'm more than happy that you're a fan of ours; it truly means a lot to us. It's hard for me to say, but the idea I suggested was a little out of proportion," Liam sighed, looking like this was the last thing he wanted to tell me. 

I was crestfallen, but then again, I knew this was coming. Most good things always come to an end; it was too good to be true in the first place. 

"I understand, it's-" I started, but was instantly cut off. 

In my panic, I had totally forgotten that the doctor was still in the room with me. He was a quiet one, not that I minded much. 

"We'll take her in; I'll be her guardian,” Louis stated so firmly, that a piece of hope filled me. 

The doctor's eyes widened; ugh, I hate him. I don't think I'll ever like hospitals or doctors ever again; not after the experience I suffered. 

"Are you so sure about that? It isn't going to be an easy process and the cost is going to be expensive," I could tell he was skeptical about it. 

I was greeted with silence. I knew they would have second thoughts about keeping me in their home. They were a world-wide boy band after all!

"No, we're positive. We're here for all of our fans and I hope this proves it. We have to give back somehow," Louis tried lightening the mood. 

The doctor still seemed a little hesitant, "Alright, I'll go get the papers ready. She is free to go afterwards. Usually we keep the patient here, but she can go to wherever you are living." 

Something occurred to me; if they were on a signing tour, then how would I be able to be treated? How could I travel with them when I dying? Nothing is as easy as it seems; ever. 

"Guys, what are we going to do about the signing tour? Are you even on one, or was this a one-time thing? Am I going to get treatment at a different hospital?" I shot the questions at them. 

This seemed to silence them; we already hit a bump in the road. I mentally sighed; it was going to be a long journey through this.

"We would have to cancel it, but that's almost impossible. You know what, I'll go call management and see what I can do," Liam, being the mature one, gave the answer. 

No one really replied, so he took this as a time to leave. I watched him retreat out the door, an empty feeling washing over me. It was a little odd for me, but I just ignored my feelings.