Mall Trip

Chapter 7

Another long week had passed. I was going shopping with the girls at the mall today, but I was still a little wary with Alice. She didn't have an ounce of nice in her body. Maybe I was judging too quickly, but it was out of habit. If someone is rude to you, you aren't going to put them at the top of the list.

At the moment Ally, another nurse, was taking out my IV. Selena had some family issues so she obviously couldn't come in today. I think she needed a break anyways, she seemed stressed. Even though she was just a few years older than me, she had a life. Ally, on the other hand, was almost twice my age.

I have been told that the treatment hasn't been doing very well so far. Even though I shouldn't be, I was disappointed. It would be only a matter of time, and deep in my heart I knew it. It was just an upsetting matter that added onto my problem.

Also, I haven't seen the boys in a week. They were too busy with things, but I knew that it wasn't their fault. I missed Louis a lot, but he texted me whenever he could. I was lucky when he did, since his mangers were quite strict on the matter. You can imagine my distaste for them.

Once my IV was out, I took my suitcase into the bathroom to change into some decent. I was also going to take a shower, since I needed one. After I had showered, I choose a simple but cute outfit. I didn't want to actually look like a zombie, so I put some makeup under my eyes.

I desperately missed my hair, but I was going to get a wig today. Personally, I thought I looked ugly without hair. I always made sure to have a bandanna on. I double checked my outfit in the mirror, nodding to myself.

I heard the chatter before I actually got outside. All of the girls were waiting for me. "Hey girls." I smile softly.

"I don't get why you're so cheery all the time." Alice grumbled under her breath.

I sigh quietly. "I know we haven't been the best of friends. Do you think we could start over?" I gave her a hopeful expression.

"Sorry, but I don't think that's possible." She gives me a twisted smile.

I pull my hand back and bite my lip. Maybe I should just give up on her. Some girls are just so snobby, and she is one of them. Not everything is about her, as much as she wants it to be. 

Eleanor claps her hands and suggests, “How about we just go?”

Perrie agreed quickly, leading the way out the door. Eleanor slides into the front seat of the hot pink Mustang. Perrie sat in the front with Eleanor, and that left me with the back seat with Alice. The radio was turned on and the top was retracted down.  I didn’t dare look at Alice.

It only took a half hour to get to the mall, but it seemed much longer to me. I wasn’t complaining though, I finally got away from that hospital. There wasn’t much to do there. The mall was crowded with people and was bursting with life. The first place we headed to was the beauty parlor. Eleanor treated us to getting our hair and nails done, followed by a massage. I obviously couldn’t do anything but get a wig.

I picked out a straight brown wig. After waiting for a bit, the salon worker painted my nails purple and added a flower. Shortly after, I got my massage done. We decided to just walk around to check things out. I jumped when I felt a tap on my back. I slowly turned around and saw a small girl.

She shifted on her feet. “Can I get a picture with you two?”

She mentioned to Perrie and Eleanor, smiling sweetly. I weakly smiled at the girl, but she didn’t even glance at me. I sneaked a peak at Eleanor to see what she would do.