Bitter Happiness

Chapter 5

My mouth parted, but I couldn't get out any words. I knew I was in shock, but wasn't this coming? I should have known that this wasn't a happily ever after like it had once seemed. Just when I get away from one problem, I get another one thrown in my direction.

"What? I-" I blinked rapidly, unable to finish my sentence.

I felt Louis' hand tighten around mine, giving me the support I most desperately needed. I blinked rapidly, trying to keep the tears at bay. Without thinking, I spluttered out what was on my mind.

"I had plans and dreams! I was going to fall in love and start a family," the tears were already soaking my cheeks, "I can't die," I whisper, mostly to myself.

The doctor, Ellie, had a sympathetic look on her face. It's what every doctor does and they think it's okay. My hate for hospitals only grew as more happened to me. Yeah, it wasn't their fault I was dying, but still.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but I can't help that the fact that you are dying. How about I show you to your room? I'll allow one person to stay with you after visiting hours, but this is the only time," she warned, her eyes turning emotionless.

My mind didn't want to accept even the mere thought of dying. I knew deep in my heart, that it was true. All I could feel was emptiness and hopelessness.

"Since you already have the IV in, we'll have to wheel it down. Are you able to walk down there?"

I didn't respond; not that I would be able to anyways. One second I was in the uncomfortable bed and the next I was scooped up in someone's arms. They were extremely careful though, since I did have a needle piercing my skin.

I didn't care who had me in their arms; I snuggled up against the person's chest. Now that I had nothing to live for, it seemed as if I just gave up.

"We'll get through this; you're a strong girl," Zayn whispered in my ear; guess I know who was carrying me.

Something inside of me caused me to snap. With everyone telling me that it was alright, I was done. A burning fire raged inside me.

"That's just it, Zayn," I spat out, "it will never be okay, so stop trying," I firmly stated, leaving him no chance to argue.

Of course he doesn't utter a word after. All that was left that I could do was sob. I cried into his chest, not caring I was soaking his shirt. He would just have to deal with it later.

Soon I felt myself being placed on something else. It wasn't as hard as the other bed, but it certainly wasn't soft. I knew it was a bed as soon as I was put on it.

I peeked my eyes open, surprise filling me when I saw that it was a specially designed room. I had no doubt that One Direction had done this.

The walls were still an ugly white, but there were tons of posters surrounding me. There was some movie posters, but most were of singers and bands. I wasn't a fan of every singer in the room, but it's the thought that counts.

There was also a TV in the corner or the ceiling. Most rooms have them, but this one was a bit bigger than normal ones.

When I looked over at the other side, I found a bathroom. The door was open so I could see that it had a small shower. I tried to smile at them, but I just couldn't no matter how hard I tried. Who would when someone just told you that you were about to die?

"How are you feeling?" Harry spoke into the silence, looking a little awkward as he stood.

I scoffed quietly, "I already feel dead," I bluntly tell them, shrugging my shoulders.