PART 1

A BOY  with burning , bright mercury irises , and ivory hair that seemed to have been spun from the stars that lit the heavens above , walked down the corridor of the crowded scarlet train – trying to find a compartment for himself. For the first time , in a span of almost four years , Draco Malfoy had arrived late at Platform 9 3/4. He could easily find himself a seat at the compartment reserved for himself , and his friends , but he felt like sitting alone instead – and it most certainly was not appearing to be a feasible task. The crowd in front parted like the Red Sea , trying to steer clear of the infamous boy who would sneer at anyone who stared too long at him , or dared to block his path. He rounded upon an isolated compartment , almost at the end of the long corridor. With a sigh , he slid open the door , with the hopes of having a compartment to himself , when his silver gaze fell upon a mysterious girl occupying the seat by the window , her eyes and face submerged onto the ink of the words embedded into the crinkling pages of a leather-bound book , her beautiful caramel hair cascading down to her shoulders in an elaborate braid.

Wordlessly , Draco lifted his trunk to occupy the racks above , slipping into a seat right opposite the girl – who was yet to acknowledge him.

Draco swore he had never seen her around before , and yet her appearance held an odd sort of familiarity to it. For a short moment , he assumed she was a new student , but then thought that the possibility was quite non-existent. Deciding to break the uncomfortable silence , as she appeared too immersed to do so , he cleared his throat. Just as he was about to speak , the girl in front shut her book softly , looking up to meet his eyes as she said ,"I know who you are , so no need to take the trouble of introducing yourself."

As he registered her voice inside his head , he felt a rush of memories come back. She was Evanna Frey. And no , he did not know her because the teachers spoke highly of her , nor because she was said to be even more intelligent than Granger , or because she was rumoured to blind the castle with her beauty that rivaled that of a Veela. No , he knew her because of the same family circle they belonged to. The Freys and Malfoys had been friends for as long as time itself. Not very close , but friends nevertheless. He remembered her from the times she would come over to play at the manor , or he would go over to hers , or the times she attended the same events and galas as his family. They would sneak away to talk to each other , play quidditch and discuss the most random things ( "Ana , why is the sky so blue today ?")

And he remembered all that just by looking into her deep cerulean eyes after almost four years of no contact. After she was sorted into Ravenclaw , and Draco found himself high society Slytherin friends , he lost his regard for the sweet friendship he once had with Evanna. It was not the fact that she was a blood traitor , just his sick pride and his drive to please his parents. She still went about the pureblood society with her mother a great deal , the Freys were , after all , a respected and ancient French pureblood line. But Draco didn't bother to apologize or befriend her again. And apparently , she didn't care either. But he would admit , he did miss her and think about her numerous times over the passing years.