PART 15

Sunlight poured into the white-washed room , sharding light upon the bright glass vials filled with liquids of different colours , sparkling against the light inside shelves

Sunlight poured into the white-washed room , sharding light upon the bright glass vials filled with liquids of different colours , sparkling against the light inside shelves. Beds were arranged neatly upon the tiled floor , covered with ivory duvets. Evanna sat up on one of them , reading a letter an owl had delivered to her as she rested in the infirmary.

Evanna's eyes skimmed the words on the parchment , written in a brilliant emerald ink. It was the briefest of letters - one of the rare ones that she had found on the mantle beside her bedside at the hospital wing. The words had been written in an elegant scrawl , the emerald of it embedded deep.

"Evanna ,

What you did was an act of utter shame. He would be very disappointed , and so am I. I raised you better than this.

Lyra Frey."

As much as Evanna wished to crumple the paper , and watch it burn up in flames - she did not do it. Instead , she held out her palm , wandlessly summoning an ivory quill from the mantle. She whispered a spell to conjure some ink , and dipping the nib of the quill inside the onyx coloured liquid , she began to write on the back of the same parchment ,

"Mother ,

As much as I would love to , I couldn't bring my poor self to waste fresh parchment for a purpose that concerns you. I hope you understand. And he does not have a right to be disappointed when he wouldn't even have come back to life without my ideas. I think , by now , you know that however my drastic my steps are - they are the correct ones. Afterall , you did raise me.

Your dearest daughter ,

Evanna Frey."

Folding the parchment neatly into an envelope , she kept it beside her on the duvet of the bed. Her eyes wandered the walls of the infirmary she had been locked up in since the event's of the previous night. Her surroundings were white , and within a ew hours she had gotten used to the strong fragrance of lemon that lingered in the air. Her expression softened considerably as her stare fell upon a sleeping Draco beside her. His head lay on top of his arms ,which had been folded and rested on the edge of her bed , silver hair falling like a curtain in front of his face. Smoothening out the creases on the ivory duvet , she gently ran her fingers through his hair.

When he stirred a little , she quickly withdrew her hand , leaning back on her pillow. Draco lifted his head up , rubbing his eyes before blinking a few times at Evanna. A slow smile grew upon his face , and he jumped forward to engulf her in a hug , being careful not to hurt her.

After he pulled away , Evanna enquired ,"Did I wake you ?"

He shook his head. 

"Did you seriously stay here all night ?"

He blushed , sitting back down on his hair. "Err , no. I was forced to leave at night - so I came back at dawn." He cleared his throat , glaring at Evanna as he spoke again ,"You had to play the hero again ? You're bloody worse than Potter , you know that ?"