PART 10

18nth July  , 1988

                                                                  18nth July  , 1988

The sun had risen hours ago across the growth of the woodland that circled the grounds of the Malfoy Manor.  The manor stood looming in the distance , appearing to the world outside to be a place full of darkness , deceit and unaffectionate place bound together by only the same views that the residents of the place held regarding blood purity. 

So many lies had been spun around the Malfoy family , that these seemed almost harmless.

Behind the tall , obsidian building , a winding path led to a small clearing. The cobblestone path was covered under a thick undergrowth of weeds , and vines that had grown through the cracks and winded themselves - blending into the streets as though a part of it from the very beginning. An eight year old , with ivory hair and mercury eyes took a step forward , before turning back and reaching out a hand towards a girl , of the same age as him , that stood a feet away from him - her mahogany hair tied with back slightly with a silk ribbon , and the rest framing her bewitching face. Her cherry lips quipped upwards in a smile , as she gratefully took the boy's hand.

Draco pulled Evanna , both running  along as the wind whipped in their faces , the noises of the garden party fading into the background the farther they went. Their movements were beguiling to the eye , as they made their way eagerly yet as lithe as snakes slithering on the ground.  

They giggled , running fast as their feet wood carry them before the forest parted to give way to a clearing , and a lake with shimmering waters. Their hands lingered for a little while , as they caught their breaths , before both pulled away and stared at the place in front of them with awe. Evanna made her way towards the alluring lake the grass tickling her ankles , mystified by how the sun lit the waves , as they danced merrily to an unknown tune. 

She stopped in her tracks , before turning to look at Draco , her sapphire eyes beckoning him forward.

Draco followed. They both sat by the lake , gaze lingering on the shining waters. A dulcet silence engulfed them , before Draco suddenly asked ,"Ana ?"

Evanna turned her gaze to look at him , and said ,"Hmm ?"

"Do you know what do you want to be , when you grow up ?"

Evanna furrowed her eyebrows in concentration. She said ,"Well , I don't really know. What about you ?"

Draco puffed his chest in pride , before saying ,"Father says I'm clever enough to be the next Minister. But I want to be a Mediwizard."

Evanna giggled at his response , before nodding and saying ,"You can be , Draco."

"And , what do you wish to be ?"

Evanna's eyes drifted upwards , gazing at the delicious looking clouds that floated across in the breeze like balls of cotton. She turned back to look at him.