PART 4

HIDDEN AWAY in the silence of his room , Draco held the locket within the palm of his hand – intrigued by it

HIDDEN AWAY in the silence of his room , Draco held the locket within the palm of his hand – intrigued by it. He wanted to open it , and look inside , but knew better than to do that. Placing it on the mantle , he changed into his bed clothes before falling asleep. He had been halfway through the process of lulling himself into the realm of Morpheus , when – all of a sudden – he heard a shrill scream. Voices followed , whispering , pointing , a sharp pain in his left forearm , and the most hauntingly beautiful words – whispered by an angelic voice.

"It was all a lie. But a beautiful lie nonetheless."

Draco woke up in cold sweat , his chest heaving as his gaze was directed towards his left arm. Clutched in his hands , tightly , was Evanna's locket.

                                          ___________________________________

Sunlight poured into the rectangular room , which was flanked by tall shelves , filled to the brim with books that rose into the seemingly infinite ceiling. The slanting , amber rays of the sun coloured the arching pillars a beautiful molten gold. The light illuminated Evanna's face , her cheekbones prominent and her chestnut hair shining like a copper wreath as her chin rested on her hand , head bent in utter focus over a book. As her eyes poured over the words , devouring each of them religiously , she saw a bit of nacreous hair block her peripheral vision. The screech of a chair and the slight pant of a person who had obviously been rushing to get to her , confirmed to Evanna that it was her new student.

"Eager for the first lesson ?", She asked with a smile , as she closed her book and kept it away , clasping her hands together. Draco nodded , before extending his closed palm towards her. Opening it gently , he revealed the locket she had been looking for.

"There it is ! I have been looking for it. It's a family heirloom. I must have dropped it", She explained , as she took it from his grasp and wore it around her neck – the sapphire engraved pendant almost blinding Draco as the golden rays fell on it. Flashing him a pearly smile , Evanna thanked him.

"You're welcome", He said smiling back , not telling her the unnerving incident of the night prior. He admired the way the afternoon sun stained her navy blue eyes with flickers of gold – as though illuminating the waves of the deep Cornish sea. Her eyes were always so alive , full of determination – and the unusual variety of shades in which her blue eyes would be painted ,only added to their allure. He watched as she took hold of his Astronomy notes, scrunching her nose at the sight of the almost empty pages of parchment, filled here and there with Draco's elegant cursive writing.

"Merlin , I won't be surprised if you even forgot to spell 'Jupiter'", Evanna said , as she shook her head before handing the notes back to him.

"What's so wrong with my notes ?", Draco asked defensively. He did try his best , after all.

"Clearly , you weren't paying much attention. Professor Sinistra gives out valuable stuff during her lectures unlike Professor Binns. Here , start by copying whatever notes I have taken till now. Copy one page , and I will explain that", Evanna suggested , as Draco nodded. Dipping his brilliant green quill into a pot of black ink , Draco began copying the notes from the first page at a furiously fast rate. Whilst he did so , Evanna looked through the old concept books – reminiscing the basics to give a clearer explanation to Draco. After jotting down a few pages , Evanna began explaining the movements of the planets. Maybe it was his bias , but he understood a lot clearer when Evanna explained it to him.