PART 21

EVANNA Frey's words danced across the air like nectar residue , rivers of caramel stemming from her throat as they morphed themselves into her luscious sentences

EVANNA Frey's words danced across the air like nectar residue , rivers of caramel stemming from her throat as they morphed themselves into her luscious sentences. Her seraphic form flitted between the pages of his mind , and he could only fervently dream of her effusive being , and jejune azure irises. But her saccharine mind , and the virulent rivers of red wine that flooded her veins hid her venomous undersides.

She was sweet , too sweet for Draco - and yet , her caressing hands , and the way her soft kisses on his cheeks slicked his open wounds of dread and fear , filling the gaps between his gossamer bruises with molten honey - Draco adored her.

Adoration. Admiration. Love.

He loved her , more than anyone he ever had. And he realised it by the onset of Christmas.

Draco Malfoy , with his stardust hair and moon-like eyes had held a special place in the heart of the demon for time long past. His voice , to her ears , were the epitome of a june hymn - a saccharine choir , songs of the ivory beads that scattered the obsidian universe , illuminating souls and setting fire to their eyes as he drew in scattered breaths. Streams of languished champagne occupied his arteries , giving shape to a rapturous creature.

A redolent fragrance of peppermint emanated from his being , tying itself into the fabric of his extravagant clothes - intoxicating Evanna's nostrils whenever she wrapped her arms around him.

He was grey , a mercury drawn through the steel clouds that hushed the earth upon rainy months. But Evanna-

She was black. The darkest of obsidian , a flicker of golden light difficult to find in the cages of her melanoid heart however farther one would look. As far as the eye went , black waters cleaned the shores of unclean steel like the innards of a darkening cave.

She was bad. Too bad for Draco , who healed her heart and held her hand - whose mind imprisoned himself as a villain too far too achieve redemption , but who - upon a single command , would cry Evanna a river of shimmering sapphire tears. The way his fingers glossed over the bruises over her heart , loving her despite her faults , Evanna loved it. Evanna adored him.

But her love was different. Addiction. Obsession. She craved him.

She was addicted to him more than the cigarettes that squeezed her lungs , more than the alcohol that lined her liver. She could not live without him , needed his touch every step of the way. She couldn't bear to see him away from her , and as pathetic as it sounded - Evanna deemed it as love.

No one had ever loved her like Draco Malfoy - people admired her perfection , but would never embrace her wrongs like the boy with the stardust hair.

As much as she believed it to be love , her love had taken the wings of obsession. And she realised it by the onset of Christmas.

                                                       ____________________

Christmas at Hogwarts would bring forth a holiday air like none other , remnants of morning snow tickling the flushed skin of students as they traversed through the lush ivory courtyard , withering vines of emerald protruding through the white - tips a deep cerulean due to the snow. The scintillating amber sun hid behind the floating streams of opal hued cirrus , piercing the stale air with occasional beams of bright light. Hogwarts loomed in a distance , rising from a sea of jagged obsidian rocks that arose from the clashing waves of the Black Lake.