PART 32

DRACO Malfoy now spent every waking moment of his days trapped within the webs of fear his heart had woven

DRACO Malfoy now spent every waking moment of his days trapped within the webs of fear his heart had woven. Trepidation clawed it's way into his heart , piercing the veins , injecting his senses with confusion , panic. He did not know why it was that he had been suddenly disregarded for the mark - left undisturbed to his devices , as though it were no longer needed for him to take the Dark Mark. He was grateful , but a sickening feeling of unreserved guilt made sure to strike the walls of his mind - as he realised that someone else had to pay , instead of him.

It should have been him , the heir who had to pay the price for his family's grave mistakes in the eyes of the Dark Lord. 

Now , he woke up each morning to live the same day over and over again. Several genealogy books , the mysterious letter with the initials 'E.M.R' , and the unknown identity of Ailee Morrison now occupied his time , as he waited for Evanna to visit him - his only link to the outside world of gloom , asides from the 'Daily Prophet' which he was spared to read. Trapped within the walls of the melanoid manor , he read the same book over and over again - Evanna's favourite Alchemy novel - annotating sentences in preparation for the subject which he would take upon going back to school , as well as a few other magical documents that held valuable incantations. Expanding his knowledge , his skill - that was all he did until he felt too tired to lift a finger.

Suspiciously , each genealogy book did not contain a page of the Frey family , or of the Gaunt family - both part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight , although the latter was extinct.

Could it be that both families were tied together ?

No , the Gaunt family line ended with the death of Merope Gaunt , and the imprisonment of her brother and father.

But he did find something quite riveting.

Someone had married into the Morrison family , one of the four siblings. And that someone happened to be Ailee Frey , possibly sister to Lyra Frey - the only Frey mentioned throughout all the genealogy books he read in the vast expanse of the ever-etching rivulets of time.

So , one afternoon , he gathered himself up - walking towards the parlour where his mother spent most of her time , now that Death-Eaters occupied almost every crevice of the manor. He had deliberately locked himself within the four walls of his room at the west wing , drowning himself in reading of all kinds , and cracking the enigma that was Evanna Frey.

He had stood in front of the enormous room , by the mahogany door varnished to perfection - his gaze fixated upon the woman who sat upon the piano stool , ears straining themselves as clear , melodic tunes knitted themselves between the air. His mother's pristine hair was in an elegant , yet hurried style - streaks of silver scintillating deeply as the slight wrinkles on the corners of her steel coloured irises seemed engraved onto her skin that had appeared to age faster in the past couple of days. Her onyx robes brushed against the floor , and a ghost of a smile had played at her lips as she had played the piano.