PART 18

A BOY , clad in scarlet and gold , books clutched tightly under his arm as he swiftly walked through the sea of students flooding the classrooms and corridors

A BOY , clad in scarlet and gold , books clutched tightly under his arm as he swiftly walked through the sea of students flooding the classrooms and corridors. His right hand was wrapped in white gauze , hidden behind his back to avoid attention. His peridot irises focused in front of him , as he made his way towards the Gryffindor Tower.

His heart was thumping in his chest , and blood was rising to his cheeks as the bruise on his right hand began to sting excruciatingly.

Harry Potter let out a surprised yelp , as he was suddenly pulled behind a marble column. In the prevailing darkness , he saw a pair of haunting blue eyes , and when his gaze got used to the obsidian darkness , he saw Evanna lifting his hand up. His right hand. Her fingers lightly grazed over his bandaged hand , and without a single movement of her lips nor an utter of a spell - she  wandlessly untied the gauze , letting it fall into a heap of ivory at her feet.

Harry blushed slightly , before hissing in pain as Evanna examined the words - "I must not tell lies" , engraved upon his skin in letters of crimson. 

"You can't keep your mouth shut , can you Potter ?", She asked incredulously.

"She refused to believe he is back", Harry said pointedly , fuming as he reminisced the incident that had taken place in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts class within  the safety of his mind.

"Ferula", Evanna whispered , producing fresh fabrics of pearly white gauze from thin air , wrapping it around his hand that had been marred with the ghastly words.

"Try not to argue with her , I suppose controlling yourself while around her isn't that difficult of a task", Evanna said , as Harry gulped and nodded.

Swinging her bag over her shoulder , Evanna walked a few steps ahead of the duo , before abruptly coming to a halt. Tilting her head towards the left , she said ,"Oh , and Potter , you better learn Occlumency."

                                                     ___________________________

Through the melanoid shadows of the looming bookshelves , emerged a girl dressed in an ensemble darker than the starless sky above. She held a lantern in one hand , fingers curled around the mahogany handle , dim light illuminating the path ahead as she weaved her way through the library and towards the unfrequented section housing leather older than time itself.

The Restricted Section.

With considerable agility , and perhaps a noiseless air , her fingers curled around the spines of the books , pulling them out one by one until a tall stack lay on the rosewood table. The ivory light of the full moon poured in through the glass windows , shapeless shadows dancing across the walls like graceful swans at play.

Curses. Dark , divine and powerful. A rush went through her bones , as Evanna's pupils dilated with interest - ravenously devouring the words imprinted on the amber pages as though she had been starved. Which , in one way , held true.