PART 27

THE hours passed by in absolute blur , the sickeningly sweet voice of Umbridge , her faux smiles and triumphant look - and the distress of the D

THE hours passed by in absolute blur , the sickeningly sweet voice of Umbridge , her faux smiles and triumphant look - and the distress of the D.A. members. Evanna and stood by , quiet along with the other Inquisitorial Squad members - as she interrogated the Boy-Who-Lived. And just as the deranged lady was about to whip her wand out to utter the torture curse , Hermione spoke up about Dumbedore's 'hidden weapon.'

It was an obvious sham , with the looks of assurances that passed between the boy with raven tresses , and the intelligent Gryffindor. But a good lie , for Umbridge seemed to believe them. She lowered her wand , frantic as her curls went in a disarray - which made Evanna wonder if it was a wig she wore.

Hermione and Harry were untied , both leading the toad clad in pink - and Hermione and Evanna only shared a nod. Moments of nothing but silence passed , occasional murmurs of conversation ringing around the circular room as they stood with all the captives tied. The drag of shoes against the stone floor , a few yawns and whispers filled the eminent silence - and , Evanna's eyes flitted towards Draco , whose nose was scrunched slightly in disgust , as though he were wishing his soul would leave his body at the very moment. Truth be told , anything was better for the Slytherins than having to watch over some children who thought it would be wise to open a secret society with the risk of the Ministry knowing. 

Just then , a shuffle caught her eyes - and she looked towards Neville - who shoved his hands into his pockets , producing some sweets. Evanna watched , as almost immediately , Crabbe and Goyle looked at him - both holding the Gryffindor within their tight grasp.

And Evanna knew what Neville was planning to do.

She watched as Crabbe and Goyle hoarded the sweets from him , even trying to offer some to the others. Theo caught her gaze , and she shook her head ever so slightly - which was enough to warn all those who saw her shake her head. Some took it , and the effect of the sweet was tremendous. They clutched their stomachs in pain , doubling over onto the ground - a putrid stench polluting the air as those who had been held captives by the taker of the sweets fell to the ground.

"Puking Pastilles", Blaise whispered ,"Some new creation of the Weasley twins."

Evanna nodded , saying ,"Let them go."

Admittedly , Ginny - who had been held back by Blaise , Parvati and the anonymous Hufflepuff were surprised when their comrades and themselves were given a green card to escape. Evanna dusted her hands on her robes , ushering them to go.

They left ,  running out through the door - as the remaining members of the Inquisitorial Squad followed. Evanna swiftly walked away from the scene , before she felt a hand wrap around her fingers.

"Where are you going ?", Draco asked. "We should go back to the Common Room in case Potter and Granger fail , and the toad comes back."

She only smiled , slightly shaking her head - as she spoke ,"I will meet you in the Common Room , I just have to meet Professor McGonagall to turn in some extra credits essays."