PART 33

14nth August , 1986 

                                                                   14nth August , 1986 

  SHE felt as though the walls were caving into her entire soul , crushing her mind and heart into one as it inched upon her with the agility of a leopard. Melanoid darkness caged her , swirls of blue dots blinding her vision as fatigue marred her thin body. With a sonorous thud , her body fell to the ground , her tiny hands trembling as her teeth chattered from pure trepidation.

She heard a shuffle of footsteps , and barely saw a pair of expensive heels pointed in her direction , standing upright upon the maple floor unlike her body.

Her eyes had barely closed to the world when she felt a harsh pain shoot through her stomach , and clutching it - she let out a gasp of pain. Her azure gaze hardly registered her condition when another incantation was thrown her way , and she lay writhing on the floor - only able to stare at her mother in silent pain as the woman directed spells at her.

Six year old Evanna Frey , her clothes worn from practise and tainted with drops of her own cerise blood - begged her mother to stop.

"Not until you deflect , darling", Her mother replied with a pleasant smile , before her strawberry lips curled upwards into a cruel grin - and she yelled with all within her ,"Levicorpus !"

Evanna's body rose into the air , and the girl clenched her fists , preparing herself for what was to comes. As her mother uttered the counter-curse , Evanna fell to the floor again - silent sobs choking her throat.

"Deflect ! What are you doing , you weak thing ?", Her mother spoke through gritted teeth.

The little girl let out a groan from all the pain that burned through her bones , into her ribs as her mother mercilessly put her own daughter through peril. Evanna despised these duels , between herself and her mother. She was excellent in theoretical magic , but her practical use had not developed yet , which apparently came as a huge disappointment to her mother.

Lyra's taunts continued , lilting into the air as she continued the torture. Curses fell from her lips , glares of disgust filling her irises as she stared at her daughter's weak form upon the floor - mahogany curls in a disarray.

"Mother ... please", Evanna begged , tears streaking her dust-coated face , lips barely forming words.

"Stupefy !"

"Protego !", Evanna yelled , hands stretched out in an effort to save herself , carmine sparks forming an efficient covering around her  , dodging the spell that had previously been directed her way. Evanna stood up on shaking ankles , heart beating wildly as she swore she saw the corners of her mother's lips twitch in appreciation.

"Confringo !", Lyra spoke , intricate wand facing Evanna as emerald flickers shot through it's tip.

"Protego Totalum !", Evanna said , using all the energy within her to strengthen her shield as it battled a few more curses. As soon as she saw her mother lower her wand for the fleet of a moment , Evanna silently said within the walls of her mind.

"Expelliarmus."

Lyra's wand thrust through the air , Evanna grasping it with ease as the latter twirled it. Lyra nodded , dusting her hands , before walking forward and taking her wand back. Evanna's eager face fell , as she watched her mother walk away - tailor-made velveteen robes brushing against her ankles - not a word of appreciation wasted on the little girl.

With a frustrated sigh , she berated herself. What was she expecting , a smile ? A kind word of praise ?

Brushing it off as a normal occurrence , Evanna bent down to tend to her wounds - sparks of healing cerulean solidifying into her scars , stopping the blood that had seeped through her porcelain skin.

                                                                  _______________________

"Diffindo !", the exasperated boy in front of Evanna yelled with all his might in an attempt to gain the upper-hand in the practise duel.

Evanna let out a yawn to enunciate her boredom , creating a shield in front of her with just a wave of her hand. Cerise sparks solidified into a shield , deflecting the spell , as the boy dodged it by a hair's length - jet black hair falling to his brown eyes , face twisting into a conglomeration of fear , and awe.

He was Antonin Dolohov's son , and Evanna had been asked to train him - considering her abilities excelled that of many Death-Eaters. But so far , the Ravenclaw had been uninterested in the boy's skills - finding him to be quite mediocre.

"Are you sure you are a Dolohov ?", She mocked , eyes scintillating with mirth as she deflected another of his spells with hardly any movement. Cold sweat beaded the boy's forehead , speaking through gritted teeth as he stood back on his feet.

"Shut up."

"Sure", Evanna obliged with a pleasant smile , stalking closer to him.

Oscausi.

His panic filled voice was muffled , as his lips were stitched together before disappearing off his face altogether. In the blink of an eye , his eyes shut tight - choking on the remaining air that lingered within his ivory ribs , humming bird threatening to rise out from the cages of his organs - as he struggled to even gasp for breath.

Evanna's cheshire grin widened , manicured nails pressing under his chin as his body was pushed back towards the wall - enjoying every minute of watching him struggle under her grasp. His pearlescent skin slowly turned pale , till it was almost a repellent shade of blue - as though he had been frozen.

His heart beat faster , eyes losing colour as he could no longer breathe - and although Evanna  had finally started to be entertained , she let him go. Her hand dropped from under his chin , and he curled onto the floor - panting frantically for air.

"Pity", Was all Evanna said , as she whirled on her heels - walking out , footsteps muffled by the extravagant Afghanistani carpet. The young Dolohov and herself were at the Frey Manor for the 'training' , and she had been so very tired of his antics that she stepped out of the parlour , towards the thresholds that led to the balcony - providing a welcome break to the former.

August zephyr kissed her face , caressing with the tenderness of a mother - as she inhaled the fragrance of the flowers that knitted itself into the breeze. The azure sky had melted into a hue of a London street puddle , cirrus barely visible across the expanse of the grey heavens. Her fingers clenched around the banisters , teeth gritting down as she thought how could she have spent one more day with Draco instead of practicing with that shithead had the Dark Lord not ordered her himself.

She missed his touch , his kind words already. Anxiety rushed through her bones - and she suppressed the panic that coursed through her blood ever since she had to reluctantly to part from him. A part of her despised herself , trying to shake of the feeling that she missed him - hating herself for relying so very much on another soul.

Besides , they wouldn't meet until Hogwarts began a new semester - and she had other things to think about , for example , her trip to Albania that she would undertake the following evening with Blaise.

Then there was the question whether or not she would tell Draco about her lineage.

No , of course not. I would probably scare him away , she thought.

And despite the questions and the thoughts that riddled her young , sixteen-year-old mind - she took the liberty to enjoy the splendour of the lush green lawns and blooming flowers that sprawled underneath the verandah.

[ a/n : that could quite easily pass as the smallest chapter in this book. sorry for the filler chapter , but it was crucial for the events in the next chapter. should i put in more of evanna's childhood memories ? ]