Young! Professor Dumbledore x Reader: Just Albus

03/21/21

Disclaimer: Okay so this is a teacher x student pairing so if you don't like it you can just quietly skip over it. The student is 18 but I just wanted to put that out there. Enjoy.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Professor Dumbledore was grading exams early into the evening. He looked out the window to see that the sun was starting to set behind the lake. There was a knock on the door, but he didn't hear it at first since he was so engaged in the grading, but then another knock came much louder than the first. When he heard the knock again, he called out a "come in" to let the knocker know they were free to enter.

Dumbledore was expecting one of his colleagues to enter but instead it was one of his favorite students, (y/n) (l/n). He thought she was exceptionally bright and had an amazing future ahead of her.

Professor Dumbledor was so used to seeing her bouncing around with a huge smile on her face. But this time she walked into the room with her head down looking like a dog with his tail in between his legs.

"Miss (l/n), what a surprise to see you. Is there anything I can help you with? Please sit." He gestured with a friendly smile to the chair in front of his desk letting her know that she was free to take a seat.

(y/n) couldn't help but feel giddy when he smiled at her. She would do just about anything to get to see that smile every single day.

Ever since she was twelve years old, (y/n) had always had a little crush on her Transfigurations professor. Of course she knew that nothing was going to come out of it, but as she got older she wasn't so sure if that was still the case. She noticed his lingering glances and how his cheeks would turn a pale shade of pink whenever she was talking to him. (y/n) liked to think that something was there, but at the same time, it could all be in her head.

She wasn't that much younger than the professor and it was her 7th year so the idea of them being together wasn't that taboo. He had just completed school a couple of years ago. Maybe 3 or so. But she had no idea if he had a romantic relationship. He was not one to share his private life during class.

"Miss. (l/n)?" He questioned. His voice interrupted her thoughts and she felt her heart flutter when he looked at her over those half-moon shaped glasses.

There was this look of genuine concern and worry on his face which once again made (y/n) think that maybe there was something deeper going on than what was on surface level.

"Sorry for interrupting you." She stammered, "I just wanted to talk to you about the exam we took earlier today. I know you told us 2 weeks in advance about it but I don't think I did my best on it. I've been swamped with classes and I figured I didn't need to study as much because Transfigurations is my best subject but when I was taking the test, if felt awful about it." She let out a little sign knowing that she was disappointing him which caused a couple of tears to trickle down her cheeks.

Besides family, her course work was one of the most important things in her life. She felt like it was her ticket to getting absolutely everything she even wanted in life. And if she was successful in life then maybe Dumbledore could see her the way he wanted her to.

"I just wanted to apologize before you get around to grading my exam because I know it's probably going to be one of the worst. I was wondering if there was any way I could fix it? I can do anything extra; whatever it is. I just really don't want this to affect my final grade. I understand if that's not acceptable but-" she was completely rambling at this point. And she felt like she was completely embarrassing herself in front of him. This wasn't making her seem mature. In fact, it made her seem like a child.