Young! Remus Lupin x Reader: James' Baby Sister

11/15/20

"Mooney!" James roared causing Remus and I to jump apart.  Remus looked away embarrassed, and I couldn't help but feel that he may have been somewhat embarrassed of me.

It made me upset that he might have been thinking like that. Remus didn't say anything; he just looked away in the fireplace. James was furious. He was glaring between the both of us.

James had just caught Remus and I kissing on the couch in the common room. We thought we were in the clear because the rest of them were planning on doing some prank, but it must've got cut short. It's not like this was the first time Remus and I had kissed. I was slowly starting to develop deep feeling for him, but I wasn't too sure if he felt the same way.

"Calm down James," I rolled my eyes trying to lighten the situation.

"You could have any guy you wanted, but you can't have can best friend."

"And you're not the boss of either of us James. You can't tell us what to do."

"I thought I told all of you that she was off limits. And you out of the rest of them, you should know exactly why." James turned towards Remus who looked like a dog thar had just been scolded with his tail in between his legs. I stood there waiting for Remus to stand up for himself, but when he didn't say anything, I said something.

"You decided I was off limits!" I scoffed, "that's not something you can decide for me. I can make my own decisions James. You are not the boss of me." I glared at James and stomped my foot on the ground, "you're only older than me by 6 minutes, it's not like you can tell me what to do. You can't tell me what to do or who to date; and you sure as hell can't say that I am off limits. Stop acting like mom! She isn't here and you aren't her."

"Well the way you've been acting, someone has to be." James snapped back.

"And what is that supposed to mean." I stepped closer to him. I was not usually a violent person, but when it came to James, I could get very angry very quickly. He knew how to push my buttons and I knew how to push his just as easily.

"It doesn't mean anything (y/n)." Sirius came to stand beside me and gently push me away from James. He had witnessed my violent side a couple of years ago, and I don't think he was in a rush to see it again.

"He just doesn't want to see his baby sister getting hurt." Peter added on trying to be helpful.

"I'm not a baby," I turned and glared at Peter so forcefully that it caused him to take a step back. "I don't need him looking out for me. I can look out for myself."

I knew I could be scary when I wanted to be, but I wasn't trying to scare Peter. He was so sweet, and he was just trying to make me feel better, but I just didn't really care right now.

"No, (y/n), he's right." Remus finally said and we all instantly stopped talking and turned towards him, "we shouldn't be together. There are things about me that you don't know; things you don't need to know. It's better this way."

"Alright," I nodded not trusting myself to say much of anything else. I glared at James one more, but I wasn't going to leave until I had struck a nerve, "and that's exactly why Lily broke up with you James. You're too controlling. You just wanted someone you could boss around."

"You don't know what you're talking about." James roared, "don't speak about things you know nothing about."

"Then don't you say anything about Remus and I when you don't know anything. At least I know what I'm talking about. Lily told me that it was like you were suffocating her and that's exactly what this feels like." I whispered tears were threatening to fall from my eyes, but I wasn't going to let him see me cry.

So I turned on my heel and stomped out of the common room. I walked and walked not stopping to talk to anyone when they gave me a small wave. All I wanted was to put as much distance between James and I as I could.

When I got to the the edge of the Forbidden Forest, I sat down too tired to cry anymore. Why was James always acting like he was the boss of me? Like he could just tell me what to do?

"(y/n)?"

"Yes Remus?" I questioned not even looking to where his voice was. I didn't even need to look at him to know that it was him.    

"I'm sorry about not standing up for you."

"Yeah I'm sure you are." I snapped looking up at him. He wasn't used to me snapping at him, so he took a huge step back. I patted the ground beside me. "Sit." And when he did sit beside me, I leaned over and rested my head on his shoulder.

"What did James mean when he said that you out of all people should know I'm off limits?"

"Are you sure you really want to know (y/n)? This could change everything between us."

"Yes I really want to know. I'm tired of this sneaking around because we both know James won't approve our relationship. I don't care what he thinks. I'm tired of secrets Remus. Nothing you say could make me look at you any differently."

"I'm a werewolf." He bluntly admitted.

"Is that where you got those scars from?" I slowly turned to him and lightly touched the very faint scars on his soft face.

I thought that maybe he was in some sort of accident when he was younger, but I didn't want to bring it up because he might have been self conscious of it. He leaned into my touch and nodded.

"Well I still like you just the same Remus." I smiled and lightly kissed his scars. "It actually makes a lot of sense. I was always wondering why you were so sick around the same time every single month."

"Now that we have that settled," he stood up and held out a hand to help me up. "I'm going to tell James that I love his sister and I would never do anything to hurt her. Are you coming?"