Fred Weasley x Reader: I Got You

07/31/20

"You know he isn't going to come, right?" I heard a sad voice speak out from behind me. I had this longstanding tradition of sitting in front of the black lake every single Saturday afternoon and watch the sun set.

I had been doing this ever since my second year, and I was just now starting to accept the fact that this was going to be my last year at Hogwarts.

When this is over, I was going to go off and get a job and start a family. The idea of that was terrifying. Sitting out here helped calm my thoughts and allowed me to just think. And right now I was thinking about a huge decision I had to make.

"Who isn't going to come?" I questioned turning around to lock eyes with the Fred Weasley.

Fred and I had never been close or anything, but we did manage to talk from time to time even though we weren't in the same year. Our conversations mainly consisted of school work and nothing much deeper than that.

When we were younger, I had a little crush on Fred, but over time the feeling started to fade as we talked less and less with me realizing that the chances of him returning the feelings were very low.

"The squid," he gestured out to the lake as if I should know exactly what he was talking about. "Isn't that why you're sitting out here? You need to talk to him."

"No," I giggled a little, "I have absolutely no business talking to a giant squid. I just wanted to come out here and think."

"Whatcha thinking about?" The ginger questioned sitting down on the soft grass beside me making himself comfortable. "Maybe I can help? Most people don't know this about me, but I'm actually really good at giving advice. A lot better than the squid."

"Okay." I said after a moment of thinking about it. I did need to get some advice from an unbiased source. "My friends have been saying that I should put my name in the Goblet of Fire, but I'm terrified. I mean what are the odds of my name being picked, but there was a little voice in the back of my mind telling me what if it is you, then what?"

"I think you should do it." Fred automatically responded. I let out an agitated sigh. Of course that would be his response. Without Quidditch this year he would probably do just about anything to keep himself occupied.

He laid back onto the grass resting his hands behind his head like a pillow. Then he closed his eyes and stopped talking as if he was absorbing all the sunlight.

"If I was old enough, I would put my name in there, no questions asked. I wouldn't even have a second thought, but like you said, what are the odds that you'll get picked. But do keep in mind if you do win, there's eternal glory and all the gold."

Looking over at Fred Weasley lying there basking in the sunlight, I couldn't help but notice how cute he was. Like I said before, we had never really carried a decent conversation. This was the most we had talked in a single sitting before. I just wanted to reach over and run my hands through his hair and place soft kisses all over his face.

"Like what you see?" He smirked opening one of his brown eyes. The sun hit them absolutely perfectly.

"I-well-no-yes-uh-" I stammered not sure what I could say to get myself out of this one.

"I'm kidding (y/n)," he chuckled standing up and then held out a hand for me to take. He gently pulled me up onto my feet. "C'mon, let's go put your name in the Goblet." We walked through the hallways of the school talking about everything.