How You Meet (Preference 4.2)

05/03/20

George: Slytherin, half, same year

Working in the wizarding world was a lot different than working in the Muggle world. There weren't that many laws against children working. Well, places wouldn't hire 10 year olds or anything, but they were more than okay with hiring 14 year olds. I wasn't used to the type of lifestyle that many of my other Slytherin housemates were used to. I was a halfblood and didn't come from tons of money like the majority of them did.

I may not have come from tons of money, but I was very happy. I didn't need tons of money to be happy. All I needed was a couple a close friends, a couple of good books, some of my favorite foods and I was good.

After being around the Slytherins for a couple of years, I finally realized that money could not buy you happiness. No matter how much you wanted that to be true, it just wouldn't happen.

During my 3rd year, when us as students were allowed to visit the village, I fell in love with Zonko's Joke Shop. I loved it so much that I thought, maybe I should get a job there.

So I filled out an application and was hired a couple of days later. I was given special privileges to visit the village throughout the week so that I could work.

The pay was good, but that wasn't the reason that I wanted to work here. I loved to see the looks on the faces of people whenever they tried out something new.

Today I was stacking a couple of boxes of sweets that could change your appearance at will for an hour.

"Excuse me?" I felt a light tap on my shoulder, and when I turned around I saw two identical boys. I knew they were both in my year, but I had never talked to them. Maybe it was because I found George so cute, and was always too nervous to actually talk to him.

"Yeah?" I happily chirped. I was going to treat him exactly like one of my other patients, and maybe that would keep me from getting too nervous. "Can I help you with something?"

"Actually you can." George nodded, "my brother and I were looking for the Skiving Snackboxes." Fred game him a strange look, but he just ignored him.

"They're right over here." I gestured for the two of them to follow me to another corner of the store. "And here we are." I gave them one last smile before turning around. Well not before George grabbed my wrist.

"I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm George and this is my brother Fred. I do believe that we are in the same year, but we've never formally introduced."

"Nice to meet you two. I'm (y/n) (l/n)." I gave the both of them quick hug, but I hugged George a little longer.

"Do you think you could give us a discount?" George smirked.

"I'll see what I can do." I giggled before walking back to the front of the store.

Fred: Gryffindor, pure, 2 years below

Why couldn't Draco Malfoy just leave me alone? It wasn't like I had ever done anything to him or Pansy, or Crabbe, or Goyle. Blaise was always there but he wouldn't say anything. He would stand a couple feet away from them not doing much. My eyes would plead with him asking him to say something so the torment would stop, but he would just avert my gaze paying very close attention to the stones on the wall.

Today I would get to class early so that I would be around my other classmates. They didn't bother me that much when I was around them. But today being in such a rush, I found myself taking a right instead of a left and then ended somewhere in the dungeons. I knew the Slytherin common room was down here somewhere, but maybe they were in class as well.