Cedric Diggory x Reader: Hard To Get

12/07/22

"I would say no Angie. I would tell him absolutely not." She promptly responded to the dark haired girl. Angelina Johnson was (y/n)'s best friend in the whole entire world. The two of them spent the majority of their free time hanging out with the Weasley twins, Lee Jordan, and Cedric Diggory.

(y/n) loved spending time with the boys, she absolutely adored them, but there were things that Angelina and her could talk about that didn't need to involve the boys. Which was exactly like the conversation they were having right now. This was a topic they would never bring up around the boys.

It was a lazy Saturday for the majority of the Gryffindor house. At least for the 6th years. This was rare for (y/n) . She usually spent her Saturdays in the library catching up on her course work for the week.

"And why would you tell him no?" Angelina raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at (y/n).

"Look Angelina, just because everyone and their mom is obsessed that boy doesn't mean I am." She rolled her eyes. Cedric Diggory was Hogwarts golden boy. It was like he had the Midas touch.

He was good at school, Quidditch, and of course talking to girls. (y/n) met Cedric the first week that they were at school. The two of them bumped into each other on the stairs when they had gotten lost looking for their Charms class.

Cedric had always been cute to (y/n), but girls didn't really start noticing him until their 5th year. She couldn't blame them. He really had grown up. Over the summer he had added almost a foot and a half to his height. On top of that, his facial features and muscles were way more defined.

It took a couple of months, but eventually he did notice all the attention he was getting from the ladies (and men) of Hogwarts. He couldn't say that he didn't enjoy it.

Cedric wasn't a player or anything, but he did like to mingle a little bit. Not that (y/n) minded or anything. It wasn't like they were together.

"I'm pretty sure he has a thing for you." Angelina smirked.

"You know how guys are. He doesn't want me in that way. Besides, I don't think I would ever cross that line with him."

"I completely understand how you feel." Angelina nodded glancing over in the direction of Fred Weasley.

(y/n) knew that Angelina had a little crush on Fred Weasley and she was positive that he felt the same way about her. The two of them were too scared to be the one who crossed that friendship line.

Which (y/n) thought was funny because the two of them were usually so confident. They were confident individuals until it came to dealing with the other one.

"I think you should say something to Fred." She mumbled glancing at him playing a game of wizard chess with Lee Jordan.

"Don't give me advice if you're not going to take that same advice (nickname)." Angelina jokingly rolled her eyes at her.

She was right. (y/n) was someone who loved giving advice to people, but she never took any of her own advice.

She wanted to tell Cedric how she felt, but she didn't think she could ever do that. Cedric had always been flirty towards (y/n), but she thought that's how he talked to all the girls.

She refused to be one of the girls who developed a huge crush on him and couldn't do anything about it.

So, she shoved all those feelings down and pretended that she didn't care. She had gotten pretty good at playing hard to get.

Little did (y/n) know, Cedric Diggory meant every single word he said to her. He had it bad. It wasn't just harmless flirting to him. The boy was head over heels for the girl and he was more than aware.