Draco Malfoy x Reader: Broken

04/03/21

He was broken. He knew that. Everyone in his life knew that. He believed he was broken beyond repair, but she didn't think so. Everything could be fixed, right?

In all honesty, he hated being the bad guy. He didn't want to be seen as the bad guy. He liked (y/n) but he didn't want to risk her reputation so he pushed her away. He hated himself for it, but he knew it was for the best.

The thing was with (y/n) she didn't care what people thought. She didn't take shit from anyone. She didn't even take it from Draco when he tried to pick on her during her second year. She immediately shut him down telling him off when he made a rude comment about her messy hai. She was a year younger than him and Draco wasn't surprised when she instantly connected with the Golden Trio when she showed up at school.

He remembered her walking up to the Sorting Hat her held high clearly not nervous about what house she was going to get placed in. He remembers crossing his fingers under the table silently hoping that she'd get placed in Slytherin. There was something about her that pulled him in.

He very badly wanted to ask her to the Yule Ball during his 4th year, but of course Potter beat him to it. Draco was so furious about the scene before him he stormed off leaving a very confused Pansy to take a quick breather outside.

Five years later, he was head over heels in love with her. She didn't know this, but every time he saw her laughing with Potter or Weasley he couldn't stand it. The idea of her being with one of them made him sick.

Just once in his life he wanted to be seen as a good guy. He would've given up just about anything to be able to turn back the clock to have a fresh start at Hogwarts. Maybe then he would stand a chance with (y/n).

But he couldn't focus on her now. If she got roped in to what he had going on, she could end up in serious danger and he refused to let that happen. Draco gripped the sides of the mirror tears streaming down his cheeks. Looking up into the mirror he realized how terrifying he looked.

His normally perfected hair was a mess and the bags under his eyes were now a violent shade of purple. In this moment all he was trying to do was keep his life from falling into shambles around him.

He took one last glare at the mirror before slamming his fist into it shattering the glass into a million pieces. He turned around his back on the wall and slid down hugging his knees into his chest sobbing. He was alone and he hated it.

"Oh Draco," There came a sweet voice from the door. Draco hadn't realized this but he had probably been making a whole bunch of noise while breaking that mirror. "Please stop."

(y/n) quickly walked over to him and took a look at his hand before rushing over to the sink for some wet napkins. She went back over to him and began wiping away the blood doing her best to clean them up.

"Why are you doing this?" His voice came out a lot harsher than he meant it to and he expected (y/n) to leave but all she did was give him a sad smile. It was like she could see right through his tough guy act.

"I don't want to see you like this Draco." She took both her hands and placed them on both of his cheeks forcing him to look her in the eye. "Everything is going to be okay. You're not alone. I know you're not someone who likes to talk about these things, but I want you to know I'm here. I'm always going to be here and I promise I won't judge."

Draco started into her (e/c) eyes and he could see that she really meant every single word she said. Before Draco could even stop himself, all the words were tumbling out of his mouth. He was telling her about how he hated feeling like the bad guy all the time, how he thought he was broken and could never be fixed just like that mirror, and eventually it lead to him confiding in his task that was coming up at the end of the year.

He wasn't sure why, but he even felt comfortable enough with her to show her the new tattoo he had acquired over the Christmas holiday. This is when Draco expected her to go running out of the bathroom and down the hallways screaming and calling for help.

She just let out a sigh and pulled Draco into her. He rested his head on his shoulder and cried.

"It's okay." She whispered rubbing soothing circles on his back. Draco hadn't realized this but all he really needed was a hug and for someone to listen.

(y/n) had done all that and more. Draco just hadn't felt like he wanted to be here anymore, but this gesture of kindness by (y/n) showed him that there's still some good meant to come his way.

In a way (y/n) might have just saved his life.

He doesn't know how long they had been sitting there embraced but he didn't want to leave. He felt safe in (y/n)'s arms. When he got to his feet, he held out his hand and helped (y/n) to her feet.

"Thank you for listening. I really needed that."

"Of course." She reached up and gently stroked his cheek. "I'm always here if you need to talk. You know where to find me."

"I don't think Potter will like the idea that." He let out a harsh chuckle.

"When have you ever known me to care about what anyone else thinks." She giggled. "But we should get you to Madam Pomfrey so she can take a look at your hand."

They walked to the infirmary neither of them saying much of anything, but before they walked in Draco stopped (y/n) from walking inside.

"I know that the likelihood of this happening again is very low so I just want to the thank you again and-" before he could continue (y/n) stood on her tippy toes to give him a light kiss, but that wasn't enough for him. He cupped the back of her head and firmly placed his lips on hers his head spinning and heart beating faster every second that their lips were connected.

He wasn't too sure about this, but he tested the waters by gently biting her lower lips which caused her to smile into the kiss and Draco kissed her back with more passion that he thought was possible. He had never kissed a girl like this. She pulled away from the kiss to catch her breath looking down at her shoes.

"What was that for?" Her eyes flicked up towards his cold gray ones and then back down to the ground.

"I really like you (y/n) and I'm sorry if-"

"No it's fine." She sheepishly shrugged cutting him off.

"So would you mind if I did that again?" Draco scratched the back of his neck hoping he wasn't being too straight forward.

"As long as you promise to never call yourself broken again."