Draco Malfoy x Reader: A Drunken Mess

08/04/20

"Oh just do it already!" She sighed throwing her hands up in the air angrily. We were sitting in the Great Hall eating breakfast.

Even though there were tons of end of the year exams coming up, there was some cheer floating through the hall. Well it seemed like the cheer was floating around everyone but me.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned turning towards my girlfriend Pansy. She had this look of exhaustion on her face. But I'm sure that if you looked at me, you would see the same face on me. Dating someone shouldn't be this hard. What was the point if it was going to cause this much trouble.

It seemed like all we did was argue and fuss and then argue some more. But it did come down to one common factor. The muggle born Ravenclaw. I don't know why she intrigued me. It was something I could not explain. I couldn't even explain this to Blaise who I could tell just about everything to.

"(y/n). It's obvious that you want to be with her and she wants to be with you. Just go ahead and break up with me to go be with her."

"I can't be with her." I shook my head. "There's no way it would work. I don't get to pick who I'm with Pansy. You know this. Plus she already has a boyfriend."

"I don't like him." Pansy shuttered.

"You don't like her boyfriend?" I questioned staring at her. I wasn't really sure how to respond to that.

Her boyfriend was one of the more well-known Ravenclaws. He was rather well-known around Hogwarts. Every house has a couple of guys that all of girls swooned over him. He just so happened to be one of them from Ravenclaw. I wasn't surprised that (y/n) was dating him. She was gorgeous.

"Not at all." Pansy rolled her eyes, "you didn't hear this from me but he isn't very nice to her."

"In what way do you mean isn't very nice?" I had talked to him a couple of times and he seemed fine.

"Well..." It seemed as if Pansy was struggling to find the right words to express what she was trying to say. "Draco please don't repeat this but I think he hits her. I've seen the bruises but she's good about hiding them."

"Hits as in?" I was trying to grasp what she was referring to but then I understood. "Oh... I understand." I nodded staring at them. They seemed happy. They were sitting beside each other smiling and eating. Nothing seemed to be off about their relationship. I watched as he got up and walked away. I don't know what came over me, but I felt like I should go over and talk to her.

"Where are you going?" Pansy confusingly asked when I stood up.

"To talk to (y/n)?"

"Why?"

"I just want her to know that there is no reason a man should ever lay his hands on a women. No matter what."

"Stop." Pansy hissed grabbing my sleeve trying to force me to sit back down.

"I'll be back." I mumbled shaking my arm to get free of her. "Hello." I smiled when I sat down beside her.

"Hi!" She widely grinned. "Can I help you with anything?" So she was someone that actually cared about people. I could tell that she was someone who cared too much.

"No." I pointed to her lower cheek where there was a bruise. "Actually, what happened right there?"

"Oh nothing." She chuckled lightly trying to cover it up, "I'm a very clumsy person."

"No. No you're not." I shook my head.

"Excuse me?" She was in utter shock. How could someone just come over here and just say that she wasn't clumsy.