Ron Weasley x Reader: Should've Been Us

07/06/17

Don't get me wrong, I loved the wizard word, but sometimes it could be a little too much. I loved that there was a quick and easy way to do everything there, but I also loved loved doing everything the old fashioned way in the Muggle world.

When I was younger, I grew up in both worlds. My parents were divorced, so I switched between going to their houses during the holidays. My mom was a wizard and my father was a Muggle.

After I finished up school at Hogwarts, I decided to become a professor there. I was one of the youngest professor that the school had in the last 25 years. But there was always an occupation in the Muggle world that was always drawing me in. I had always wanted to become a bartender.

When I turned 25, I took a job at a local bar. Something about it had always drawn me in. You could come buy a drink, talk to this person, and never having to see them again. It was perfect. Kinda like having a free therapist for the night. During the weekends and holidays I would take a couple of shifts.

I knew a couple of my old classmates like to come to this bar just to get away from the wizarding world. They did it in hopes of being able to drink all of their problems away without having to deal with anyone that they knew judging them.

To make sure that no one noticed me, I used to spell to make my hair (color) and my eyes (color); and for the past 3 years it has really worked. Nobody has noticed me. I saw lots of people from the school, but I never judged.

Then on one very rainy day, a very special person walked in. I noticed his hair first. It was quickly spotted across the bar; nobody had hair like that. I felt the sudden flip flop in my stomach that I hadn't felt in a while. It's been about 7 years since I've had that feeling. I had a crush had all 7 years of school on Ron Weasley. Being super close to the trio did not make things any easier.

I had boyfriends throughout the time at school, but they came and went. They were just to take my mind off Ron.

During the final battle of Hogwarts, I decided that I would tell Ron how I felt about him. If both of us could get through with this, then I was going to do exactly that.

That was always the plan up until I stumbled upon him and Hermione making out. Maybe it was an in the moment thing, but a few months later they were engaged. Then a couple months later, they were married.

He walked over to the bar, took a seat, and ordered a drink. I could feel his eyes trained on me and I started to feel a little uncertain. What if he noticed who I was?

I turned around to face him and gave him a smile. He gave me a small smile, but it wasn't one of those big smiles I was used to. Ron looked up and I could see that he was really upset. I walked over to him and handed him another drink.

I watched as he reached into his pocket to find his wallet but I waved my hand letting him know not to worry about it. After taking a couple of sips of his drink, his eyes glazed over and then they focused on me.

"What?" I questioned tilting my head to the side.

"Nothing." He shook his head, "What's your name? You remind me of someone I used to go to school with."

"Really? My name is (name that you like besides your own) and is that a good or bad thing?" I leaned across the bar my (e/c) gazing into his brown ones that were starting to glaze over even more.

"It's a really good thing actually. We used to be so close but I haven't spoken to her in so long. I really should write her a letter."

"Write a letter?" I cocked my head to the side as if I was thinking. "That would take so long. I'm sure it would be a lot easier to text her or maybe find her on Facebook."

"Uh, well, where we come from, that's not exactly how things work. We don't use thing like that." His ears turned red. Which was something that happened when he got embarrassed. I knew exactly why he was going to write to her, but I didn't want to give up my cover just yet.

"Well I'm sure she would be pleasantly surprised to hear from you. But we're getting off topic now, why are you so upset? You seem like you have a loving wife back at home, who would not be very happy to know that you are here." I pointed at the wedding ring that he was twisting around his finger as if he wasn't too sure about wearing it.

"You are very right about that. My wife would not be very happy about this but we are having a hard time right now. It doesn't look like she's going to be my wife for much longer."

"Wow," I raised my eyebrow, "I was not expecting it to be that bad."

"Yeah." Ron ran his hair through his hair and drowned the rest of his drink, "it isn't looking too good for us."

"Maybe you guys should head back home and try talking it out." I advised.

"That's not going to work. For the past two months, I've been leaving home as soon as I get back from work to come to bars like this. She knows I've been drinking but she doesn't ever say anything it. For the past couple of weeks, she's been sleeping in the guest room."

"I have no idea what to say. I am the last one to be giving any type of relationship advice." I shook my head chuckling slightly.

"There's no way." His brown eyes widened. "You look like you've been in all types of relationships."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I smirked.

"Sorry, (name besides yours) I didn't mean it like that. Look I've just met you and from what I've gathered you're beautiful, smart, funny, and any guy would be lucky to have you. You just remind me so much of a girl that I used to know. Honestly I wish she was the one I kissed besides Hermione. I was so blind to see it all along; she was the one that I really wanted and Hermione was just to cover all the feelings I had for her." He pushed himself back off the chair and stumbled trying to regain his balance. "I just hope that she's still single and hasn't found anyone. I know she's a teacher at the school we used to go to, I'm going to look for her right now."

"Whoa, you're not going anywhere buddy." I gently grabbed his arm. "You're not able to drive."

"I don't drive." He chuckled. "I have other methods."

"Yeah I'm sure you do Ronald." I giggled.

"I never told you my name." His eyes widened like when he saw me for the first time. I said a wandless spell that changed my hair and eye color back to normal.

"It's me." I smiled and did jazz hands that caused Ron's grin to get even bigger.

"I've missed you so much. I have no idea why I haven't written or anything." He mumbled pulling me into a hug.

"It's fine," I shrugged.

"No it's not fine (y/n)." Then he grabbed my cheeks, pulled me closer, and kissed me. He tried to deepen the kiss but I quickly pulled back. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not a homewrecker Ron. I may have really liked you back when we were in school, but I will not betray Hermione like that."

"Yeah yeah Hermione." He said as if he had completely forgotten about her. "I'm going to go home right now and tell her."

"Okay," I nodded and stood on my tippytoes to kiss him on the cheek, "write to me when she does."