Blaise Zabini x Reader: Always Going to Be You

08/22/21

Blaise had had never been one to toy with girl's emotions. He knew exactly what he was looking for in a girl, and if she didn't have all the qualities he was looking for, he wouldn't even bother his time. No matter how attractive she may have been.

He was quite surprised when he had taken notice to a girl who was in the year above him. She started coming to the Slug Club meetings a couple of weeks after him.

As the meetings went on, he found himself listening to her more than others. He liked the fact that she kept to herself, but she could carry on a conversation. He even liked the fact that she was in Ravenclaw. Blaise had always thought he wanted someone in Slytherin, but maybe (y/n) was exactly what he needed.

Even though (y/n) wasn't in Slytherin, but she was someone that her mother would approve of. She came from money, a powerful family, and she was a pureblood. He also took notice that if (y/n) was coming to Slug Club meetings, then she had to be pretty smart and well known.

He hadn't ever spoke a word to her, so he needed a way to talk to her which was going to be hard since they didn't have any classes together. Maybe he could manage to bump into her in the hallways or something.

Blaise had considered telling Draco that he wanted to get to know (y/n), but he didn't know exactly what to say. He had never actually considered getting to know anyone like this.

After seeing his mother get remarried multiple times, he was not interested in rushing into a relationship.

Pansy did notice that Blaise had been staring at the girl from across the Great Hall multiple times. She had mentioned it to Draco on multiple occasions, but of course he never noticed anyone.

"So Blaise?" Pansy finally spoke up when the interest had finally taken over. "Who is that girl?"

"What girl?" Blaise turned towards her with an eyebrow raised.

"The one with the (h/c) in Ravenclaw. She's facing toward us now at the end of the table." Pansy pointed in the girl's direction.

"What about her?" He knew that Draco nor Pansy would ever judge him, but he did find it hard to open up about certain things to them.

"She's really pretty, but how do you know her?" Draco asked.

"Well I don't really know her." He admitted. "Her name is (y/n) and she's in Slug Club with me. She's really nice and smart."

"So you fancy a girl because she's-" Draco chuckled.

"Hold on Draco. I did not say that I fancied her." Blaise interrupted not wanting his words to get twisted.

"No, but you clearly do." Pansy spoke up. They ate in silence until Blaise finally spoke up.

"She's one of the very few girls I've actually been interested in getting to know on a romantic level. I'm scared to get too close to anyone because of my mom. I don't want to go through multiple marriages; that's not who I am. You guys know I've always been more interested in the personalities of someone rather than just their looks. But every time I look at her, I notice something about her that makes me want to get to know her more and more. Every time I look at her, she get more beautiful."

"Have you ever talked to her Blaise?" Draco finally asked after exchanging a glance with Pansy. Blaise was not one to open up about what he was feeling.

"No. That is a working progress."

"So you're in love with some girl that you've never even spoken to?"

"I'm not in love with her Draco." Blaise angrily spoke out.

"Okay, sorry." Draco held his hands up in surrender.