He Ask You Out (Preference 11)

05/09/21

Harry: Gryffindor, halfblood, same year

Harry was a good teacher but I was practically unteachable. I was a book person and when I was learning things where I actually had to do something, it was a struggle. But being book smart wasn't going to help me when fighting a war.

"I think we should move on to something a little more advanced today (y/n)." Harry grinned. I was so awful at these things Harry was teaching during DA meetings that he had taken it upon himself to have a couple of private lessons with me.

"Great." I sarcastically replied rolling my eyes causing Harry to chuckle.

"You're going to be fine (y/n). You just have to believe in yourself. I know you can do it. Now, have you ever heard of a patronus?" Harry asked his eyes twinkling. I could tell that teaching was something he loved to do. He would make a great DADA professor.

But when he asked that, my stomach dropped. Of course I knew what a patronus was. Everyone did. I know that they're almost impossible to do. Of course the Chosen One had mastered the art of the patronus at age 13.

"Of course I know. Everyone knows what they are. I hope you're not planning on asking me to produce one."

"That's exactly what I want from you today (y/n)." He was grinning now. It was like he enjoyed seeing me out of my comfort zone. "So (y/n), you have to focus on any happy memory. Dementors feed off negative emotions so I want you to stay away from that as much as possible. It has to be a strong memory. Think of something happy and when you do I want you to say "expecto patronum". It'll probably take you a couple of tries. It took me a while to get it right."

I racked my brain for a happy memory. There were a lot of them but I didn't think any of them were happy enough to allow me to produce a patronus.

I picked out a memory: When I had first gotten my Hogwarts letter. That should be happy enough, right?

I tried the spell a couple of times but nothing worked. I picked another memory. Going to the beach with my family. Nothing. Christmas two years ago when I had gotten my own broom. Nope. Getting a kitten for my 16th birthday.

Not even a tiny whisp of anything out of the tip of my wand. Now I was seriously starting to get embarrassed in front of Harry.

"I can't do it Harry." My shoulders drooped and I turned away so he couldn't see the tears forming in my eyes. Maybe I just wasn't cut out for this. "I'm an awful witch."

"Please don't say that (y/n). You know it's not true. Maybe another memory will work." He suggested.

"I can't think of anything else." I was starting to raise my voice at him, "I'll be no use to you in the war. I just want to go to bed."

"No," Harry shook his head, "I'm not letting you go to bed upset. Please try again. It's a difficult spell (y/n). You're not going to get it right on the first day of trying."

We had been working on that specific spell almost a month with no results. Time and time again, Harry told me to pick out different memories, but nothing was good enough.

"I'm all out of memories Harry. I've went through every single one that I can remember." I started gathering my things and got ready to head back to the dorms. Harry was watching me with this strange look on his face.

"What?" I questioned.

Before I could even comprehend what was happening, Harry stepped forward and gently took my face in his hands. He lightly kissed me and I kissed him back.