Draco Malfoy x Reader: Princess

05/04/20

She had a blood line, a heritage, and a last name that demanded respect. She was at the top of the wizarding totem pole right along with the Malfoys. Her father makes the same exact amount of money as Draco's right down to the knut. However, unlike the Malfoys, they were never associated with the Dark Lord.

Draco and (y/n)'s father had been business partners before the two of them had even been born. Draco and (y/n) met each other at the age of five; and it was a terrible experience for the both of them.

Draco said something rude about her hair and it caused (y/n) to give him a black eye, chip a tooth, and rip out a couple of tuffs of hair out. Their fathers had found the whole situation hilarious, but the mothers were speechless. They had to pull the hissing children away from each other before more damage could be done.

They ended up laughing the whole experience off a couple of years later and becoming best friends.

Even though (y/n) was placed in Hufflepuff, it didn't bother Draco at all. He could care less. That was his best friend and nothing could change that.

"How are you Princess?" Draco asked sitting across from (y/n) at the Hufflepuff table. It was the nickname that Draco had given to her after realizing that she possessed so many princess-like qualities.

Besides being absolutely stunning, she was wise, kind, humble, and selfless.

"I'm doing good." She grinned back at him taking in his appearance. He was smiling which wasn't rare for (y/n) to see, but it was something that the rest of the castle rarely saw. "I'm super excited for the tournament to get started. I hope Cedric wins."

"I don't care who wins as long as it's not Potter. I still don't understand how he got his name in that goblet; it isn't fair. He shouldn't be allowed to compete." He hissed glaring over at the Gryffindor table where he was sitting surrounded by his friends.

"Why do you despise him so much?" (y/n) questioned cocking her head to the side. "What has he ever done to you?"

Draco opened his mouth to respond, but then he noticed (y/n)'s attention had shifted towards the entrance of the Great Hall.

"Wow. He's perfect." She sighed as Cedric Diggory strutted into the Great Hall. A couple of people started clapping for him. Cedric swaggered among the tables until he passed by (y/n). He sent a quick wink to her before continuing his stroll to his seat.

"What was that?" Draco questioned pale eyebrows raised. He wasn't surprised at all by the attention that (y/n) was getting; he just wasn't used to her swooning over guys.

"Nothing." She shrugged quickly picking up her mug of coffee and drinking some to hide the blush that was starting to creep across her face. "I think Pansy is starting to get jealous." She pointed out nodding towards the dark hair girl at the Slytherin table.

"You're right. I better get over to her before she storms over here." Draco chucked looking over at the glaring Slytherin girl. "See you later Princess."

"Yeah okay." She nodded, "see you later." But Draco noticed that she wasn't even looking at him. Her eyes were focused on Cedric who was sitting a couple of seats down. He couldn't help but notice that Cedric's gaze was kept flicking back towards (y/n).

Draco had always assumed that the feelings he got whenever (y/n) was talking to guys was because he looked at her as a younger sister, but he was slowly starting to believe it was because of something else; and that feeling was jealously.

Little did Draco know, his little Princess and Cedric had been sneaking around for a couple of weeks. Cedric had been wanting to come out public with their relationship, but (y/n) didn't see it as much of a relationship. Just a couple of makeouts here and there, cuddling in the common room when everyone else had gone to bed, little things like that.