Ron Weasley x Reader: Can We Start Over?

07/04/20

"Mum!" Ginny called to her mother while walking into the kitchen on the Burrow.

"Yes Ginny?" She called back. Mrs.Weasley was frantically running around the kitchen trying to make sure that that every single thing was perfect for (y/n).

(y/n) and Ginny had become best friends during their 1st year when Ron kicked Ginny out of his compartment and (y/n)'s older brother kicked her out as well.

"(y/n) just sent me a letter. She's going to be here in 20 minutes."

"Twenty minutes?" If it was even possible, Mrs.Weasley was moving even faster than before. There were knives, plates, glasses, spoons, and a couple of plates flying around the kitchen. A knife came flying at Ginny, but she easily dodged it since she was so used to the kitchen being like this.

"We're home!" George poked his head into the kitchen while making sure that he kept his eyes on everything that was flying around. Him and Fred had closed down the shop early so they could come home to enjoy this huge dinner that they had heard about. "You know that this isn't the first time that (y/n) has met us. She basically knows who all of us are besides Bill and Charlie."

"Yeah," Fred added poking his head in beside his twin, "Just because you don't make this fantastic dinner for (y/n) isn't going to make her like us any less."

"Yes I know Fred and George, but it's the first time that she's coming to our house. I know that it may not be what a family like hers is used to, I just want to make a good impression on her. I can't believe that you've known her for 6 years, and this is the first time she's come over."

"Wait..." George looked slightly confused and scratched his head, "is (y/n) pureblood."

"No," Ginny shook her head bright red hair swaying all down her back. "She's half."

"But her father is very well known in the Ministry."

"He's very high up in the Ministry," Fred said,
"Mr.Malfoy is even okay with (y/n)'s mom coming over to the Manor for their extravagant balls and dinners and she doesn't have a drop of magical blood in her." And with that note the twins had just left the kitchen to head up to their bedrooms.

"What about (y/n)?" It was Ron who had just come down after hearing all the comotion. He was followed by Harry who caused Ginny's cheeks to flush a light pink. Even though Ginny had been seeing Harry all this time, he never failed to cause certain emotions to go through her.

"She's coming over." Ginny smirked at him watching him blush. She knew exactly how Ron felt about (y/n).

He had the biggest crush on her and she actually thought it was adorable. (y/n) told Ginny that she thought he was cute, but she never thought about any feelings for him. She said that if Ron ever made the first move then she would gladly accept it and see where their relationship would go.

"(y/n)-" he stammered. "Like your friend (y/n)." Ron's face was slowly approacing the same color as his hair. Ron hit the deck as a knife flew over. If he hadn't ducked, that knife might have found a home in the side of his neck. "When is she going to be here?" And right as he said that, there was a knock at the door.

"That should be her." Harry smirked looking at his best friend. Over the course of the years, Harry and (y/n) had become very close. They weren't as close as Ron and Harry, but they were pretty close to that.

"(y/n)!" Ginny yelled pulling open the door. She pulled her into a hug which she gladly returned. And there stood the most beautiful girl Ron had ever seen in his life.

It seemed as if every time he saw her, she got more and more beautiful. Ron didn't hear a word that she was saying, but he sure was focused on her lips. He was wondering what it was like to kiss her; it was probably a very nice experience.