Fred Weasley x Reader: Still My Best Friend

01/05/23

Life after the Wizarding War was hard. Everyone lost friends. Everyone lost family. Some people even lost themselves. Even Ginny Weasley was having a hard time.

She didn't let it show, but she was struggling. Life just wasn't the same that it had been before the war and she knew it was silly to think that it would be the same, but she just wanted everything to go back to normal.

Ginny was known for her feisty and witty personality, but recently it seemed as if her flame had fizzled out.

In the past she wasn't afraid to call someone out if they were in the wrong, but now she was more likely to just let comments slide without saying anything.

There was no pattern to the nightmares she had been having. Sometimes she would go a couple of months without having one and sometimes she would have one every single night for 2 weeks straight.

She didn't usually remember the nightmares, but she knew that she was reliving the events that had taken place almost two years ago.

One evening Ginny was having a really rough night. She had a nightmare and when she tried to fall back asleep, she tossed and turned for well over three hours.

Her mind was playing not only the events of the war, but events from the past couple of years going all the way back to the Triwizard Tournament.

The image of Cedric Diggory would forever haunt her memories.

Ginny wasn't the only one who had trouble sleeping. A lot of wizards were in the same boat, but Ginny didn't want to find help. She had always been hyper independent and she felt like getting through this was something she could do on her own.

Whenever Ginny closed her eyes, she could see all the fighting that went on during the war. She hoped that she would never see anything like it again as long as she lived. And when she was able to fall asleep, she could hear the screams of her classmates in her dreams.

Ginny shot up in her bed throwing the covers off of her. She didn't know where she was going, but she knew she needed to get out of this bed. Out of her bedroom and out of this house, She would figure out where she was going at a later time. She just needed to get out.

Once all the dust had settled after the war and everyone tried returning to their normal day to day lives, Ginny's mum decided that it would be best for her to return to Hogwarts and complete her schooling.

At first she didn't want to, but her mother convinced her that it would be the best thing to do. It would be good for everyone to go back to school and complete what they had started.
She didn't go back immediately though.

Hogwarts had to be rebuilt and Molly thought it would be good for her to take a year off just to collect her thoughts before she did go back.
Ginny was able to convince her mum to let her move in with Fred and George before she started back school.

The twins had an apartment in downtown London that Ginny absolutely adored.
It took a lot to convince her mom to let her, but eventually she caved in.

When she wasn't working in the twin's joke shop, she would spend her time walking around the streets just exploring.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione returned back to school, but Ginny still needed some time. She wasn't ready just yet and everyone understood that. Going to school could be difficult if you aren't in the right headspace mentally.

It was a week before Christmas and Ginny found herself wandering around downtown once again. It was nothing new.

The twins hated when she did this because they would wake up and have no idea where she went until she returned. Time and time again she had to explain to them that she was a big girl and didn't need them looking after every single move that she made. They then had to explain to her that their mother would kill them if anything happened to her.