Fred Weasley x Reader: You Are Enough

10/10/20

WARNING: The following chapter refers to self harm so if you are triggered by this please refrain from reading. I love every single one of you guys and I want you to know if you ever need to talk I'm here. And please remember that you are enough and I promise it's going to get better.

"So is what they say about you true?" Hummed a voice from behind me. I quickly whipped around clutching my books tightly to my chest to see Fred Weasley standing before me. I had been waiting outside of Professor McGonagall's office so I could ask her a question about the lesson from today.

"I'm not sure," I replied, "what are they saying about me?"

"You really are a Malfoy." Fred chuckled as if this was some life changing information he had received.

"Did the last name Malfoy not give it away?" I asked cocking my head to the side. It wasn't like I had a common last name so you would think that he'd be able to put two and two together.

"Honestly (y/n), I had always wondered that about you. You're older than him so I never really gave it much thought when you arrived at school but then he came and I thought there's absolutely no way they're related. I thought maybe you were adopted or you two were distant cousins or even your parents had tragically died and you were forced to live with them; kinda like Harry in that sense."

"No Fred," I shook my head giggling, "Draco is my brother."

"Full brother?" He curiously raised an eyebrow. "I promise I won't tell. There wasn't a secret affair or anything like that?"

"None that I know of." I honestly replied. There had been times that I thought maybe just maybe I wasn't Draco's full sister just because of the way my father treated me, but I do believe that my mother would have told me if something like that had been going on. Or I'd like to believe she would.

"I just think it's crazy that you ended up in Hufflepuff and you happen to be one of the sweetest people I've ever met, but your brother is the complete opposite."

"Yeah," I let out a sigh, "Draco is..." I didn't get to finish my sentence before Professor McGonagall came out of her office and invited me so we could discuss the lesson.

Hearing about Draco all the time was exhausting. I really don't understand why people expected us to be the exact same person. All the Weasleys carried extremely different personalities so why couldn't Draco and I be seen the same way?

When I left McGonagall's office, I headed toward the Hufflepuff common room so I could get ahead on a couple of assignments that were due next week. The school was huge so honestly it was a surprise when I did run into my brother unless it was in the Great Hall for meals.

"Are they treating you well (y/n)?"

"Who?" I questioned not sure who he was referring to. "The Hufflepuffs?"

"Yes." He curtly nodded eyeing one of the portraits, "I would have to speak to father if I found out your house was treating you poorly." Whenever Draco approached me I was never sure what side of him I was going to get.

There was the caring little brother who wanted his sister to do whatever was going to make her happy, which was the side that I saw at school. And then there was the side that treated me exactly how our father treated me. And the scary thing was, I wasn't sure which Draco was the real one.

When I was at home, him and my father treated me as if I was a disgrace to the Malfoy blood line. I knew that the two of them could not wait until I married and no longer carried the last name Malfoy.

"Of course they are," I snapped, "don't be an idiot. I can't say the same for your house."

"Well (y/n)," he hissed, "if you had just told the hat where you needed to be we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"I couldn't pick where the hat wanted to put me Draco." I chuckled turning around to enter the common room but not before Draco reached out and grabbed my forearm. He glanced up and down the hallway as if he was checking to make sure nobody was around.

I felt myself wincing as his grasp tightened around the fresh cuts. It was as if he knew what he was doing and his grip tightened as he pulled me in closer to him.

"You and I both know how very wrong you are about that (nickname). If you asked the hat to put you in Slytherin, that's where you would have ended up." I heard someone coming down the hallway and Draco quickly let me go and stepped away from me. "Well I'm glad everyone is treating you so nicely." He forced a smile. It was cold and dark. And with that he turned on his heel and walked down the hallway leaving me standing there with tears streaming down my cheeks.

He was right. The hat did consider putting me in Slytherin which would have been so much easier for me, but I made a promise to my mom. She told me that if I knew I was going to be happier somewhere else then I should go for it. No matter what the consequences were.

For the most part, I was happy with my decision, but there were times when I felt like I was drowning. Like I couldn't keep my head above water longer enough to take a gasp of air. And all I wanted was for someone to notice that I wasn't okay.

Draco knew, but did he care? No.

I did my best to stay at school for the holidays or go with friends, but I couldn't always manage that. Sometimes I did have to go home, and that was absolute hell. There wasn't just the verbal abuse from my father and brother, it was physical abuse as well.

I made the mistake of going home for the Christmas holiday and that was probably one of the worst things I could have ever done. The tormenting was the worst it had ever been. I think my father had been having a couple of rough days at work and of course he was taking it out on me.

I tried to spend as much time in my room, but it wasn't enough. I had even stopped eating after Draco mumbled that I had been gaining some weight which my father agreed on.

I gripped the sides of the sink wanting to stop this feeling the only way that I knew I could. I didn't think anyone would walk in since it was dinner and I would have a little alone time with no one to disturb me.

Plus not having to look at the food when everyone was eating kept the hungry feelings away. I reached deep into my robe pocket and pulled out the little blade. Each time I dragged it across my wrist I thought about all the nasty things they would say to me.

You're worthless
Disgrace to the family
How do you even live with yourself

I knew that one day I was going to cut too deep and there was no going back and honestly, I had started to come to terms with that. I heard the door creak open and I tried to clean everything up but not quick enough. I felt someone grab my shoulders and force me to turn around and look at them. I looked up into the furious eyes of Fred Weasley.

"How did you find me?"

"I noticed you had been skipping out on meals lately and you've been losing a lot of weight."

"Good."

"No. Not good." He scolded. "You are perfect (y/n) and don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

"No I'm not Fred." I hung my head and began loudly crying.

"Come here." He opened his arms and I walked into them sobbing with my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him while soothingly rubbing my hair. He patiently waited for me to stop crying and stepped back. "Why?" Was all he said and I began explaining to him about how my family made me feel like a failure and I felt like I was constantly drowning all the time and all I wanted was for someone to notice me.

Fred noticed me. He noticed that I wasn't okay and here he was.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled dropping my head not sure what else to say. His eyes softened and he pulled me into another hug.

"You never have to apologize for this (y/n). It's going to be okay. We're going to get through this. I just don't understand why you do this to yourself. You are kind, and beautiful, and intelligent, and an amazing friend. And you are in the right house (y/n) Malfoy and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. When I look at you, I cannot find a single flaw because you are perfect and don't let anyone tell you differently. You are enough (y/n)."

_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Hope you like it IceWolfGrace