He Realizes That He Likes You (Preference 6)

02/12/21

Harry: Gryffindor, half, same year

"Stop." She yelled stepping in front of Hermione to shield her from the torment. Hermione backed into a wall just waiting for the abuse to be over before she could scamper off to her next class. "What the hell is wrong with you." (y/n)'s hand were placed firmly on her hips and she was glaring down at the Slytherin crew made of Malfoy, Parkinson, Crabbe, and Goyle. Blaise had stepped over to the side clearly not interested in whatever they had going on.

"C'mon (l/n), we're just having some fun." Malfoy snickered clearly not fazed by (y/n). (y/n) was a very sweet girl, but I would never want to anger her. She was absolutely terrifying when she was angry.

"Why can't you just leave Hermione alone? She's done nothing to you."

"Well no she hasn't." Pansy admitted. "Nothing besides the fact that she's a mud-"

"I wish you would finish that sentence." (y/n) growled her eyes narrowed. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Blaise's eye widened. He knew that Parkinson was going to regret what she was about to say. But he realized it a split second too late. Not quick enough to stop it.

"Blood." Malfoy slowly finishing the sentence for her leaning in towards (y/n) so that he was eye level with her. He wanted to make sure she got the full effect of the word.

Her eyes flashed before pulling her hand back and punching him square on the nose causing blood to splatter everywhere.

He instantly pulled back, eyes burning with hatred. I was worried the he might try to get a hit in, but he was raised better than that. That doesn't mean Parkinson wouldn't do it for him, and the rest of them would do nothing to stop it.

Pansy looked between the both of them unsure of what she should do. Malfoy was cupping his nose trying to keep blood from flowing all over his robes. I watched as he looked towards Pansy and it seemed that both Blaise and I knew exactly what that meant. He looked towards me giving me a little nod and I knew that we had a mutual understanding.

"No! Please don't!" Hermione cried out reaching towards (y/n) but we all knew that wasn't going to be enough. Blaise reached out easily wrapping his arm around Parkinson's waist and pulling her away from (y/n).

I stepped in doing the same and wrapped my arm around (y/n) pulling her away. Both of the girls were spewing insults at each other trying to pull away and get back to the other.

"Stop (y/n). She isn't worth it." Hermione said trying to turn her attention away from Parkinson who was still going off.

"You're right, you're right. I'm fine." When I felt as if she wasn't going to run towards Parkinson, I let her go. She brushed herself off and turned towards me. "Thank you for keeping me from doing something I would've really regret."

"You don't understand how much I wanted to beat the both of their arses."

"We both know." Hermione nodded earnestly. I chuckled lightly looking down at her trying to figure out how I ended up with such an amazing friend would actually fight for something she believed in.

"Thank you again Harry." She turned towards me and cupped my cheeks in her hands. I felt my face warming up and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I wasn't expecting it, but then she stood on her tippy toes and placed a light kiss on my lips. It took everything in me not to grab her and make it longer. And with that, she walked away. I just stood there not sure if I could move. I felt Hermione staring at me and I looked over to see her smirking at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing." She hummed before heading off after (y/n).

Ron:Ravenclaw, muggleborn, year above