He Gets Jealous (Prefernce 8)

03/17/20

Harry: Gryffindor, half, same year

All night I tossed and turned not able to sleep. There was no way I would be able to pull this off. Sure, I knew how to fly a broom, that wasn't the hard part. I knew I would have no trouble finding the snitch either. I knew the rules of Quidditch like the back of my hand. I just had never played in front of a crowd. I was worried that all the watchful eyes would mess me up.

Harry had fallen very ill and I had to take his place as Seeker if Gryffindor still wanted a chance to win the cup this year. He had some sort of stomach bug that he was just going to have to wait out. Madam Pomfrey had tried everything but nothing worked.

After lying there for another hour or so, I headed towards the Great Hall to try and eat something for breakfast. Suddenly I felt as sick as Harry. When I walked into the room, the Slytherins started hissing at me.

"(l/n)!" I heard the one and only Draco Malfoy call out from the table. "It seems as if Potter was too nervous to play so he sent his girlfriend." Harry and I were not dating but the whole Slytherin house liked to make side comments like that.

Harry and I were close, but not that close. I opened my mouth wanting to send back a snarky reply but Oliver came over and guided me away to our table.

"They're not worth it. I need you to save all your energy for this game." Then he pointed towards the sky that we could see through the ceiling. "The weather is perfect for flying so there's no need to worry about that. I just want you to focus on catching that Snitch. I've never seen you fly before but Harry and the twins talk so highly of you I'm not even worried about it. The Slytherins are going to try to distract you but I want you to block them out. And just remember than you need to catch the Snitch only when we're up by 40. Wait until then and you're golden." He reached across the table and passed me some toast and marmalade. "Please eat. I'll see you down at the field." And with that he left the Great Hall.

While walking to the field, everyone on the team was trying to trying to encourage me. I tried to listen to them but it wasn't working. Honestly, I just wanted them to be quiet. I needed to focus. Oliver wasn't lying, the weather out here was perfect flying conditions.

The game went back and forth for about forty minutes or so. I made sure to keep my eye on Cho Chang as she flew around the field looking for the Snitch. I had found a single spot and kept my eyes on the little golden ball waiting until we were up by 40 points like Oliver had instructed.

Then when Lee Jordan read out the score 100-60, I knew it was time. I found the Snitch and immediately dove towards it. There was complete silence as everyone's eyes were trained on me. I had caught it. Gryffindor wins!

I sat there in shock looking at the wings beating furiously in the grasp. The Gryffindor side of the stands was going crazy. The Slytherin house had started to empty out the stands and head back inside, but I knew that we were going to be partying all night long.

I was expecting Harry some time tonight and I couldn't wait to tell him about the match. I figured that he had been watching from the window but I still wanted to talk to him about it.

"(y/n)!" Oliver called from somewhere in the middle in the crowd. I turned towards the sound of his voice to see him standing on one of the tables. I squeezed my way through everyone and stood below him. He held out a hand and helped me up onto the table. He wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me steady and he passed over a cup of fire whiskey.

Oliver then proceeded to give this long speech about how amazing I was and how he might have to replace Harry. I knew he was drunk but I was not expecting him to act this way towards me.