CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-ONE: Bunkasai

The next day was Izuku's first day back at UA, yet something seemed off to the greenet. For some reason, UA students weren't at their classes, even his class, instead they were outside of heir classrooms doing... whatever it is they're doing.

Izuku's class was at Gym Gamma preparing for their exhibit. He didn't exactly know what they were doing so he decided to ask.

"School festival?" Izuku repeated after Ochaco answered his lingering question.

"Oh, that's right." Izuku suddenly remembered, "UA also has a school festival. It's supposed to be an event that caters more for the general, support, and business courses, right? In contrast with the Sports Festival."

Ochaco was taken aback by her friend's description of a school festival, "W-well yes. But it's not just for those courses, it's supposed to be for the whole school to celebrate. Classes get to pick their exhibitions, and us students get to showcase our talents when preparing and executing our chosen exhibits. It's a Japanese tradition."

"I-it's a nationwide tradition?! You mean every high school does this? Not just UA?!" Izuku reacted.

Ochaco blinked multiple times, "Not just high schools, even primary and middle schools have school festivals."

Izuku just felt like his worldview just shattered, "E-even primary and... middle schools...?" H-he had no idea at all.

"Wait, Izuku," Eijiro decided to join in, "You mean to tell us you didn't know that school festivals were a normal school thing?"

"I-I thought it was just a UA thing... I had no idea at all." Izuku told Eijiro, his voice shaking over the sudden revelation and paradigm shift.

"Oh yeah... you mentioned you were homeschooled your whole life before-- w-wait, does that mean this is your first school festival?!" Eijiro realized.

Izuku could only nod while he was still trying to get into terms with what he'd just learned, "I feel like an idiot. I'm Japanese but I didn't even know about this." He said as his eyes were tearing up.

"I feel so bad for you, man." Eijiro told him then he realized what he'd just said and clarified, "B-but it's because you haven't had a school festival yet, not because you didn't know."

Then Izuku realized and asked, "Wait, what about Shouto-kun?"

Shouto looked over to the greenet and he answered, "I only remember a few details, but when I was little, my older siblings, Fuyumi and Natsuo had their school festival, and my entire family went to attend."

Denki suddenly hung his arm around Izuku's neck then he rephrased, "So while it wasn't exactly his school festival, he still went to one. Meaning you're really the only one in our class to not have attended one, Midoriya-kun." Then he bursted out laughing.

Kyoka furrowed at her classmate's actions, and she lightly hit Denki's shoulder, "Denki, you've been like this since the beginning of school. When are you going to grow a sensitive bone in your body?"

Denki removed his arm around Izuku and apologized while pouting, "Sorry, Jiro-chan."

Kyoka just let out a sigh then she looked over to Izuku to change the subject a little, "But anyway, Izuku, which team do you want to be in? We're already complete in the band, but maybe you can join the staging and effects team since they need someone to maneuver Yuga-kun, unless you want to be in the dance team too, in which case you might want Mina to teach you the dance."

"Maybe I'll just help with the staging and effects team, but the dance team sounds fun too. I haven't actually danced in a while, though." Izuku nervously told them.

Mina took notice of her classmate's wording and asked, "Wait, did you used to have dance as a hobby?"

Izuku looked over to her and answered, "No, not really. My lessons and Quirk trainings took most of my time before UA so I didn't have any hobbies other than collecting All Might merch and memorabilia, but there was a time me and my brother took up some ballroom dance lessons. I think the dance type was called Quickstep?"

"It was actually the punishment for the loser of a bet we had. The loser had to attend a year of dance lessons. I actually won, but somehow, Tenko was able to get me to take the lessons too. We ended up learning that Tenko actually has a gift for the dance, though." Izuku explained.

"But that was years ago, maybe when I was... 11? I'm pretty sure it was right before the first time Tenko had to leave the country for work." He told them while tugging on his chin.

Mina hummed as she crossed her arms, "Well, if that's the case, then maybe we can just have you on both teams. Since we didn't account for another dancer joining, we already have a choreo made specifically for our current number. We can probably squeeze you in at a few parts but otherwise, you can just help with the staging and effects team."

"Eijiro, you'll only need Izuku to maneuver Yuga at a few times, right?" Mina asked Eijiro.

Eijiro grinned at her and answered, "Yup."

Then Kyoka made the final decision, "Okay, then it's decided. Izuku will be on both the staging and effects team and the dance team."

"Alright!" Eijiro cheered.

Then Mina added, "Let's make this a memorable first school festival for Izuku-kun!"

Izuku smiled and thanked them, "Thank you, everyone."

Then the question popped into his head, "By the way, Kyoka, were you the one who suggested our class have a live performance? I assume it's because it's related to your music hobby."

"Hm? What? Oh no. It was actually Katsuki who suggested it. He wanted to have a show where our class can blow off some steam and have fun, since he noticed we were feeling down after we learned about what you went through and how we didn't do anything to help." Kyoka explained, which caught the attention of Izuku.

"I'm actually surprised he was that sensitive. He always came across as kinda arrogant and selfish to me." She added.

Izuku just hummed, then he looked over to Katsuki's direction, who was setting up his drum set.

Then Izuku remembered the day of the raid, That's right. Katsuki too, at that time. He was also trying to help me with Nighteye.

---

NOTES: Whoo! Double update! Let's see if we can triple it!

(but don't bet on it)