CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-EIGHT: Words II

NOTES: I've decided to skip ch. 137 for now, and continue on with the story. I'll still continue working on the animatic but you guys can have new chapters while you wait. 😁

---

After 1-A's performance finished, most of the other classes and their guests left for the rest of the Culture Festival, leaving only the students of 1-A, who had to clean up the gym afterwards, and their friends and family who stayed to talk and catch up with them.

Izuku excitedly jumped down from the stage with a huge smile on his face as he ran towards his brother and sister, the latter of who was happily waving to inform where they were among the leaving crowd.

Eri nudged her Tenko-nii, who'd been carrying her, to put her down after being carried during the whole of the performance.

"Izuku-nii, you were amazing!" Eri praised her brother exactly as he finally got to them. Izuku knelt in front of his sister then he thanked her and asked her, "Did you enjoy our performance?"

Eri nodded eagerly, then she started explaining, "Everything was sparkling and glittering, and-and the music was super loud and I loved it! And you were dancing, and then you left for a moment-but then you came back and-- and then Tenko-nii finally arrived! And..."

Eri slowed down for a bit, which worried Izuku a bit, but all his worries vanished when his sister smiled and told him, "And I told you Tenko-nii will make it, didn't I?"

Izuku smiled and then he hugged his little sister, "Thank you, Eri. For being here for me."

Eri smiled from ear to ear and she hugged her brother back tightly.

Then after they let go of each other, Izuku stood up then addressed his older brother with a slight smile and relief, "You actually made it."

Tenko chuckled, then he jokingly asked, "Was there any doubt?"

Izuku could only sheepishly smile before letting out an airy chuckle. He then took a few steps closer to his brother, then he pressed his head against his brother's chest, taking Tenko slightly aback.

"I-Izuku? What's wrong?" Tenko asked his little brother.

"Did you know I had that nightmare again?" Izuku told his older brother, making Tenko's heart skip a beat.

Tenko gulped, "T-that nightmare?"

Izuku nodded his head slightly, then he answered, "Yeah, that one about Nighteye. The one where he was still alive, where I was still at his agency, where I was trapped and imprisoned by him."

Izuku trembled as he took a deep breath, then he continued, "I had the nightmare on the night we had a video call together two days ago. It was just before we talked."

"I felt so relieved when I got to see your face and hear your voice right after having to relive that nightmare, that I almost forgot about it. At that moment, all I thought was 'Tenko's here, he's right here for me now, I shouldn't be afraid anymore.'"

Izuku paused for a moment as he smiled slightly then he continued, "I was so excited to be able to spend my first school festival with you and Eri today, and I was so sure that everything would be perfect... but then it wasn't."

"You suddenly disappeared back to work without a word or call or text to me. I only knew because someone else told me, it was just like the beginning of my internships with Nighteye all over again." Izuku continued, his voice trembling ever so slightly.

"I was scared. I was so scared." Izuku told his brother as his eyes teared up, "Everything I went through under Nighteye, the feeling of helplessness, the feeling of being all alone-- it all came rushing back to me after I thought I've moved past them, on a day that was supposed to be special."