CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-SIX: Brothers VII

"LIAR! TRAITOR! I HATE YOU!"

~~~

Izuku could hear a faint ringing at the back of his head. It was faint enough to not put much attention into, but the longer the ringing went on, the louder it became until Izuku realized it wasn't something he was dreaming about.

His eyes slowly opened to see the off-white walls of UA's main clinic in dim light. It took him a moment but he finally remembered that he was told to stay there until Recovery Girl was confident that he was in a stable state.

His mind was still half-asleep at that moment so it took him a moment to remember the ringing from behind him.

Izuku rubbed his eyes with his hands as he yawned and sat up. He then looked over to the telephone located beside his bed and wondered who would be calling at whatever time it was, and why were they calling this phone.

Izuku reached over to grab the handset phone, but before he accepted the call, he first let out a yawn while he scratched the back of his head.

"Hello? Who is this?" Izuku asked as he answered the call, his voice very obviously sounding like the voice of someone who just woke up.

"Hello there, my stubborn little brother, did I wake you up?" The caller asked with a hint of glee in his voice.

Izuku's eyes immediately went wide as he recognized his own brother's voice and it managed to almost snap Izuku fully awake.

"T-Tenko! You-you called-- I-I'm-- no. No. No, y-you didn't wake me up. Not-not at all. Not at all. I've been awake this whole time!" The excitement and surprise of his brother's unexpected call and the fact that he had just woken up made Izuku stutter multiple times as he answered his brother's question.

Izuku could hear his big brother chuckle and laugh at his stumble from the other side of the call, making Izuku chuckle lightly as well.

"Izuku, you horrible liar. Your hello sounded exactly like you just woke up, so don't lie." His brother called him out.

Izuku immediately stopped laughing and instead furrowed his brows as he retorted back to his brother, "Then why did you even ask if you woke me up if you knew you just woke me up?"

Izuku heard his brother smugly chuckle before asking him a rhetorical question, "What other reason is there exactly, little brother, if not to mess with you?"

"Tch." Izuku exhaled in annoyance as he cursed, "You stupid big brother."

But all that really did was glee Tenko, "Ooh~ 'Stupid big brother'? Is that your new nickname for me?"

"And what if it is?" Izuku asked in an annoyed tone before retorting, "You already call me stubborn anyway, let me call you stupid too from now on."

"Hm." Tenko hummed for a second before finally deciding with a grin on his face, "Okay, I'll allow it."

Izuku went silent for a moment when his brother suddenly said that, and his mind almost buffered as it took him a moment to realize his brother managed to play him around again.

Izuku couldn't help but lay down for a second as he asked out loud, "Why can't I ever get back at you with this?"

Izuku heard his brother laugh at his question at the other side of the call, like this was all just entertainment for him during his short break from work.

Izuku just stayed quiet though, as he waited for his brother to calm down from his laughter, but as soon as that became the case, Tenko then proceeded to shed some light to Izuku's question by reminding his little brother about a single fact.