CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-EIGHT: Suspicion

Izuku sat on the edge of his bed as he waited.

He was slouching as he rest his face against his intertwined fingers. There was an intense look in his eyes, a look full of anxiety, fear, and uneasiness.

Izuku could barely sleep because of it. Because of that message.

Then finally, the one thing he was waiting for arrived. His phone began vibrating, causing Izuku to immediately snap out of his thoughts and race to grab it.

He looked at his phone's screen, and indeed, it was a call. The call he'd been awaiting.

Izuku gulped in his nervousness before turning off the call.

Then, being careful not to make any sound, Izuku headed over to his closet. He sifted through his varying assortment of clothes to find a single dark blue--almost night sky color hoodie. He then looked through once again to find something he could use to cover his face. The only thing he managed to find was a similarly colored dark blue handkerchief, so it had to suffice.

After tying on the handkerchief on his face like a mask, he put on his dark blue hoodie, making sure to pull the hood over his head so that he could hide his identity in the dead of night.

He turned a few of his surveillance type Quirks on and after making sure that no one was outside who could see him leave, Izuku then stepped out to his room's balcony, continuing to be careful that he wasn't making any sounds that could awaken his classmates.

Izuku placed his right foot on the handrail as he slipped his hands inside of his hoodie's pockets.

He took one last look around to see if anyone was watching him, and once he assured that there was no one, he activated his Gravity Manipulation Quirk and jumped.

Izuku made sure to make himself lighter to reduce the impact of landing, but in case he missed anyone that was watching, he made sure to land with a roll.

Izuku brushed off the dirt on his clothes as he stood up. He looked around once again to make sure that no one saw him or was watching. Once that was ensured, he began to make his way to the arranged meeting point.

He could feel his heart racing and pounding so much inside his chest. His eyes glowed bright underneath his hood as they retained the intense look they had earlier.

-

As usual, Lunch Rush's cafeteria was bustling that day. A huge number of the students always look forward to the food he prepares so it wasn't shocking that lunch time at the cafeteria is always so busy and moderately loud.

Shouto, Ochaco, Tenya, and Tsuyu had just left the line with their food and had just taken their seats at an empty table.

Just like the two days prior, Izuku wasn't with them.

"Itadakimasu." The four said in unison before breaking off their chopsticks and digging into their food.

They peacefully ate their meal, maybe paused to talk and chat with each other every once in a while, and that was all.

But as they were enjoying their food, they suddenly heard someone clear their throat loudly, like it was intentionally trying to capture their focus, "Eh-ahem!"