CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-SEVEN: Betrayal

Izuku's heart was pounding so violently that it feels as though it was about to jump out from his chest at any second. His hands and lips were trembling so much, and he was dripping in sweat even in such a chilly night.

His vision had went all blurry and his ears wouldn't stop ringing so loudly.

He had dropped the hologram device earlier when his grip went weak after hearing those words, those four wretched words.

Izuku hated those words. Izuku hated that sentence those words had formed-- so why? Why did his own teacher say that to him, say it directed to him?

Izuku didn't understand, but he hated it. He hated the emotions he was feeling brought about by that one sentence.

He feels frozen--stuck in his place, as if thick chains was binding him. He felt like he was being wrongly accused again, and that he was about to be taken away to be locked up.

He hated that feeling. He hated it. Hate it. Hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE IT!

...so why?

Why?

WHY?!!!

Izuku repeatedly asked the question in his mind as tears pooled up in his eyes.

What did I do to deserve this all over again...?

~~~

Another meeting of the villain team had just ended. It was a small and brief meeting again like most lunch meetings were to avoid suspicions from their clueless classmates on the hero team.

Most of the participants of the meeting that day were from Class 1-B, and like how the past few meetings have been, Izuku didn't treat them like an equal, or as people he respected.

The way that he explained his plans and instructed them to act was just demeaning. If they dared to ask what seemed to him like questions with very obvious answers, he will not fail to let them know that what they had just said was stupid.

He was just borderline foul to them.

Before this, they thought that the greenet was a kind and bright person. It was the reason why they didn't raise any initial protests when he first became the unofficial leader. They thought he would've done wonderfully in the role and would have lead them to victory.

They didn't know that Izuku really was this type of person, hostile and vindictive.

Maybe it was just the greenet internalizing the role that he was given, but the final straw for them was the time when the meeting consisted of students from both 1-A and 1-B.

Izuku was far nicer to and when his own classmates were present. He treated the present 1-B students far better than if 1-A wasn't there. It was then that they realized that he was treating them like a joke.

It was already too close to the day of the exercise to do anything about a change in leader and plans, and for all the foulness that Izuku showed them, he really seemed to know what he was doing with his battle plan.

There really was only one option left.

Nirengeki, Neito, Shihai, and Ibara all watched as their unofficial team leader made his way to the cafeteria to eat lunch, clueless as to what they have planned in mind.