CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-EIGHT: Faults

NOTES: I think I'm allowed to finally share the Tenko drawing I made many months ago here, right? :v I made it around the end of the first book back in March, and was actually my pfp for a short time. I couldn't share the drawing before because it didn't feel time-appropriate. :p

---

Tenko's eyes slightly opened as he began to wake up. A small sliver of light from outside slipped into the room through a small gap between the curtains, providing some light the dim room.

Tenko closed his eyes again for a second as he let out an exhale before finally getting out of his bed and switching the lights on.

He then made his way towards the door, and opened it to find that the meal he had asked to be delivered to his room last night for breakfast was already there on top of a cart, and was still even warm to the touch.

Tenko only took the tray containing his breakfast inside his room, leaving the cart outside and locking his door before walking towards his desk to set down the tray. After getting a bottle of water from the mini fridge he had in his room, he sat down and finally ate.

Once he finished, he left his dirty dishes and utensils back on the cart outside for the hotel workers to retrieve and clean, and afterwards, he went to take a shower.

Tenko was patting his hair dry with a second towel as he walked out of the bathroom and headed to his closet to take out some clothes and change into them.

He and his league will be going out for a mission that day. They've finally managed to find and corner the three little bugs that dared challenge and betray Tenko months before, and that day, those three little bugs finally get squished.

After finally putting on his long coat, Tenko grabbed a hairbrush from a drawer on his work desk and brushed his hair out to remove the tangles in them. He also hung up the towels he used on hangers to let them dry.

He walked over to a mirror to see if his clothes looked decent, and after fixing and tidying them up a little bit, he paused for a second then turned his attention to the huge trunk located just beside his closet.

Tenko walked over to the large trunk in his room. There was a twinge of revulsion present in his stance, but regardless, he still approached the large object and opened it by lifting its heavy lid with one hand.

There was a hint of disgust in Tenko's eyes as he looked at the inside of thw trunk. The mere image of the objects inside made it almost enough to make Tenko forget what emotions are.

What was inside the box?

Well, hands.

Inside it were dozens and dozens of preserved dismembered hands. All of them had their wrists attached to their own metallic yellow bases, but only some had red cloths on their bases connecting them to other hands, presumably their other pair.

That trunk was a literal tally counter for the people Tenko has murdered over the years using his own hands, using his own Quirk.

That trunk was the physical manifestation of Tenko's creeping awareness of his Quirk's danger. That trunk contained everything he wishes would disappear about his Quirk.

Every time he attaches one of those hands on him, he remembers the feeling he has when he activates his Quirk on human skin, the emotions he feels when he has to will to hurt--kill the people in front of him.