CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY-ONE: Brothers VIII

Izuku was finally cleared to return to Heights Alliance by Recovery Girl after he didn't show any signs of serious damage in his body.

Aizawa-sensei had apparently stopped by when he was still asleep and before Recovery Girl's final check-ups to see his situation and give the greenet's clothes he had left in his locker, as well as the clothes he wore during the exercise.

Izuku was dismayed to learn he had lost a chance to apologize to his adviser for what happened the night before. He wasn't sure if what he had told Aizawa-sensei last night had affected him or not, but Izuku feels sorry to have even said any of it.

He shouldn't have talked in the first place. He should have just shut up.

Izuku let out a small breath of air as he just tightened his grasp on the green dress shirt and dark pants he had worn yesterday. Unfortunately, his black suit hasn't been found nor retrieved from the debris of Ground Gamma so that was regrettable.

Izuku sighed, That was the prototype suit I made years ago too. I can't believe I lost it.

Izuku quickly brushed off that thought to keep his mind off it, and he instead just continued on his mindless walk towards the dorms.

But as he trailed, his mind also began to wander and wonder about his older brother-- and the call they had the night prior.

"...I should be fine... I will be fine..."

Izuku suddenly stopped dead in his tracks as he remembered what his brother had said and the tone his brother had used, both thoughts making him shudder.

He didn't even realize that he had began squeezing the clothes that he held as he tensed up at the tightening feeling within his chest.

He'd already called their dad to tell him about his worries about Tenko earlier that morning, hoping that maybe their dad would be able to do something about the worries and concerns Izuku had about his brother, but...

Izuku couldn't explain it, but he felt like their dad probably wouldn't be able to do much for Tenko either.

And if even their dad isn't able to do anything for his brother, who else is there who would be able to help Tenko?

Izuku knows Tenko wouldn't just begin to completely ignore him just for this one reason, and he knows that Tenko would still call him if he needed to, but it really feels like his brother is distancing himself from him.

...and it's making Izuku scared.

Izuku tightened his grasp on the clothes he held even more as he gritted his teeth in frustration, Tenko, you liar.

Izuku could feel his eyes begin to feel hot as tears began welling in them. He wanted to yell at his brother, he wanted to scold Tenko, he wanted to demand that he come home even for just a day so he himself could check on him. If he was allowed, he probably would have jumped on a flight that moment and met his brother at his work place just so he could face Tenko and talk to him about what was bothering him.

That's what Izuku wanted to do, but he knows his dad and Tenko probably won't allow him to do so.

Izuku could only let out a frustrated exhale.

Just what the hell is going on with you, Tenko? You're scaring me. Izuku thought in his mind as he furrowed his brows.

Izuku could see his vision begin to get blurry from all the tears in his eyes and he could only close his eyes to stop them from falling and to calm himself down.

You're making me worry much more. Izuku muttered as he kept his eyes closed.

He just stood there and closed his eyes as he tried to calm all his thoughts, but how exactly do you calm down when the person that's making you worry so much is your only brother? The person who has always made sure to be by your side when you needed him. How can you calm down knowing you aren't able to return the favor when it matters?