CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIXTY (Part One): Tendrils

NOTES: I'm surprised you guys thought the last line was uttered by Izuku. 😕 But maybe I just didn't make it obvious or clear enough.

Anyway, sorry for the month-long wait. 😞

---

Katsuki watched as the other kids slowly backed away in fear as they looked past him, to the being standing just behind him.

He felt himself physically freeze, his breathing barely even noticeable at that point, as he looked at the corner of his tearing eyes to the older kid in black glaring down at him.

Those blood red eyes full of malice and anger towards him, the deathly aura, that if possible, would have killed him many times already, and the grip of the kid's bandaged fingers that were about ready to crush his head at any moment.

Katsuki couldn't help but only whimper in his mind. He wanted to cry out loud, he wanted to scream as loud as he can as he runs away, but he was too scared to move in the fear that the moment he makes a move will be the moment his life ends.

He could still hear the Deku's cries in the back of his mind, but everything else seemed to have went quiet, as if his mind was making sure that he doesn't forget the reason for his nearing death.

He could only quietly whimper as he tried to look down and avert gazes with the older kid in black, but as he would have guessed, the kid in black didn't allow him to do so, even pulling his head back to make sure they kept eye contact.

Katsuki's eyes continued to tear up as he looked up at the kid whose hands held the fate of Katsuki's life.

Then, as if the kid read his mind, and as if the universe was playing a joke on him, the kid in black brought his seething glare closer towards Katsuki, etching the image of those blood red eyes in his memory, before he asked the little boy in a spine-chilling voice.

"Do you want to experience death for once?"

~~~

The three friends' eyes went wide as they watched the wild black tendrils aggressively rush towards them.

Izuku acted immediately and he threw his two friends away to protect them, even sending them further away using Air Cannon attacks to get them away.

At the same time, he maneuvered his body, and exactly as the black tendrils got near him, he sent out a powerful kick against it, stopping its advance and sending himself away to a safer distance.

The tendrils didn't stop even after that however, and it promptly resumed going after him, now seemingly even angrier than before.

Izuku could feel how much it wanted to capture and restrain him with its might.

He could feel the tendrils-- no, the actual Quirk's anger towards him.

(a/n: for fuck's sake! Hisashi finally dealt with the ghosts within Izuku, and now this mofo is trying to squeeze in?! Get the fuck out of here!)

Izuku prepared attacks on both his arms to counter with, when one of Shouto's thick and gigantic ice walls suddenly sprung between him and the tendrils.

Izuku immediately looked over to where the ice had come from, finding the right side of Shouto's body beginning to be covered with frostbites.

"Izuku, over here!" Tenya, who was standing near Shouto, called for the green-haired friend to go near them, to which he complied, before he and his friends began putting some distance between them and the tendrils.