CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY-EIGHT: Mom

Izuku was out of breath. He was exhausted. He wanted to stop and breathe, to stop running. He wanted to rest and lay down, but he couldn't.

His tears wouldn't stop flowing. He wanted to stop crying, he wanted to stop this nightmare.

Izuku can hear his voice everywhere. His voice was echoing from every direction. No matter how much he ran, no matter where he ran to, his voice still followed him.

Izuku tried to cover his ears and close his eyes, but it was no use. Mirai's voice still rung clear, and every time he tried to open his eyes and look for a safe haven, the deceased Pro Hero's visage would be the only thing he'd see.

Izuku just wants this to stop. He just wants to take a rest.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!!!" Izuku screamed at the top of his lungs as he tightly grasped his head and he gritted his teeth before finally collapsing to his knees from exhaustion.

Izuku sobbed and cried as he curled into himself on the floor, and as he clenched his hair and ears tighter.

Why...? Why me...? What did I ever do to him...?

"I'm tired... I give up..." Izuku whispered in defeat as more tears flowed down his face, as he pressed his forehead firmly to the ground.

"Dad... Tenko... where are you...? I need you..."

As the lone greenet cried on the ground, the surrounding darkness suddenly began to dissipate, revealing a calm swirling scene of black and white so vast, it looked like it ran for miles and miles at any direction.

The greenet remained curled on the floor as he wept, unaware of the change of scenery. And as he stayed there, black and white smoke started coming from his hands.

At first, it was just a small wisp coming from his fingers, but in just a matter of seconds, more smoke began coming from the rest of his body and very soon, black and white smoke completely engulfed the greenet.

And as quickly as the smoke engulfed the greenet, as quickly did it also disappear, leaving the greenet completely exposed once again to the vast black and white scenery.

...except, the smoke revealed a smaller greenet, one probably around the age of four or five, dressed in a red and yellow shirt and blue shorts.

The small child just continued to cry as he was curled on the floor, muttering and asking for his brother and father to come and save him.

Dad... Tenko... Izuku cried.

And someone heard his pleas.